Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Propranolol for infant with hemangioma- is it safe?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 6:23 pm
Did anyone ever treat their infant who is a few months old with propranolol for their hemangioma? Is it safe? How fast does it work? Does the hemangioma usually disappear completely?

hesha

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 6:26 pm
I did. It is safe. (The prescribing doctor had us do an EKG at a pediatric cardiologist before beginning the regimen just to ensure that there were no heart issues.) it is considered a very safe drug

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 1:44 am
hesha wrote:
I did. It is safe. (The prescribing doctor had us do an EKG at a pediatric cardiologist before beginning the regimen just to ensure that there were no heart issues.) it is considered a very safe drug

Thank you. I read about some serious side effects and I was very nervous.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:09 am
Hi, my doctor explained that the dose given for hemangiomas is 1/5 of the dose given for babies with heart conditions. I was also worried about side effects when we started, but there really weren't any, except possibly the first week.
We saw results already after the first dose.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:47 am
Yes! My child was kept under observation for a few days when they first gave it to her , and then we went for monthly checkups as long as she was on it. It was a miracle! We saw results immediately and it shrank the hemangioma so dramatically that now at the age of 9, no one knows it was ever there. The only side effect while she was on it were sometime her hand and feet were a little cold. Please go for it!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Hi, my doctor explained that the dose given for hemangiomas is 1/5 of the dose given for babies with heart conditions. I was also worried about side effects when we started, but there really weren't any, except possibly the first week.
We saw results already after the first dose.

Thank you. What side effects did you see the first week?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics