Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I don’t eat out/ buy my food.
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 1:29 pm
watergirl wrote:
Yes its self righteous and annoying. But why is it triggering you?

Having an opinion and finding something off-putting has nothing to do with being triggered.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 2:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you find someone selling homemade food out of their house but with a policy that they won’t eat by anyone else’s house off putting? Like, “I don’t trust your kashrut, but you can trust mine!”
It’s bothering me. Am I being petty?

Well presumably if they’re selling commercially, they would have to have a certifying kashrus agency giving her food a hashgacha. Her point is probably that she has no such assurance when people make their own food, and yes, it sounds judgmental. She shouldn’t publicize that.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
For years I ran a private chef company out of my home.
No hechsher. Never pretended to have one.
I was constanly amazed by the amount of people who said that I'm obviously trustworthy bcz. I cover my hair. Huh??
It was their peragotive to use my services.
What would that have to do with where I eat?
I have since moved and now live in a place where there are lots of home food businesses. I only use the ones I know personally and would eat at their house for shabbos.
But the home meat smoker, herring maker, cake designer who I don't know and who don't have hashgacha don't get my business.

A lot of people are very lax in which hechshers they use and many don’t even check or care much, as long as they’re “kosher” it’s good enough.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette