Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Jerusalem mikva on Zayit Raanan
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:27 pm
I'll have to go while in Israel. Please tell me everything everything I need to know. I'm used to American mikvas. Please tell me anything that's even only slightly different. How do I find the place? I'm having anxiety...... Please calm me down!!

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:50 pm
Its VERYYYYYY different than American mikvaos.

Request a room with a bath even if you're not taking a bath because the shower rooms are TINY.

Bring along whatever you need because they don't always have supplies there.

Be ready for a completely different experience than the one you have in America.

Regarding finding it, you'll see random trees in middle of the sidewalk, that's where the mikva is.

Also, you need to call to make an appointment. 02-500-4718
It's an automated system. Call up to 3 days in advance (try calling early so you get the time slot that you want)

Einikel

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:27 am
Also there’s only one door to the room and no toilet in the bath/shower room.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:39 am
Einikel wrote:
Also there’s only one door to the room and no toilet in the bath/shower room.

Um, what??? No toilet in the room with the bathtub? What do you mean by only one door? I walk naked in my robe to toivel in the same hallway that another woman might be leaving?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:44 am
Do I need to bring towels/robe? I anyway always take my own nail scissors qtips etc.

Can I have more details on finding the place? I see on maps a fork in the street. Do I keep straight or turn into the fork?

Thanks all! The more details I have, the easier it is for me to calm down and be prepared.

Einikel

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Um, what??? No toilet in the room with the bathtub? What do you mean by only one door? I walk naked in my robe to toivel in the same hallway that another woman might be leaving?

Yes that’s how it was when I went. I don’t remember exactly but I think the mikvah lady checks before to make sure no one is coming. Towels and robes are provided iirc but bring along all other supplies.

2gether

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 2:39 am
Don't be too concerened, this is one of the nicest mikvos in Israel that I've been to

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 2:52 am
2gether wrote:
Don't be too concerened, this is one of the nicest mikvos in Israel that I've been to

Can you give me more details about this mikva please?
Is there a waiting room? Where do you pay? What's the entry like? Is someone at the front desk? Etc......

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 2:56 am
Will I manage with only English and Yiddish? Is there a nicer room I can request?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 3:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will I manage with only English and Yiddish? Is there a nicer room I can request?

There is a newer mikvah around the corner from this one on Ezras Torah

The Sanz Mikvah
there is a bathrobe and slippers that get reused
they have basics for preparation
yes shower rooms dont have bathrooms and are tiny
there are heaters you can use in the rooms
there usually is a woman around who speaks or understands english
the actual mikvah doesnt have chlorine

EishesYo

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 3:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you give me more details about this mikva please?
Is there a waiting room? Where do you pay? What's the entry like? Is someone at the front desk? Etc......

Entry is like a PP mentioned trees in front walk into door up steps
on the left theres a door ring the bell

You pay on your right when you walk in

There is a waiting room on the left of that desk

2gether

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 3:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yiddish -yes
You can ask for a "Kallah" room, At Tzanz mikva it has the bathtub, bathroom and mikva in one room

SHS

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 4:48 am
Firstly as already mentioned MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!
When you go into the trees there are stairs on the right and left but they come up to the same place, so you can go up the stairs on either side!
Then you ring the door, on the right there is the reception where you pay, if you still have to wait you go left to the waiting room (I used to make earliest appointment to avoid waiting)
You get towels/bathrobe
SOME rooms only have 1 door where you need to walk with your bathrobe to mikvah, but some rooms have 2 doors aswell!
They check you

Before I went the first time I went there during the day to check out the exact spot which calmed me down...
Good luck

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:47 am
A few years ago I also had yo go there and one thing I remember is when j walked in they asked me what time my appointment is but j never knew I had to make one. By the sorted it for me. Check if you need an appointment

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:51 am
Why are you going there specifically?
Can I recommend going to the one on zonnenfeld?

gold2

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:00 am
zayis raanan mikva /kiryat sanz is a beautiful mikvah. they have a bath sponge, bath robe, new toothbrush slippers, etc. I like to bring my own shower gel and shampoo. it's clean, decent and modern and there is a toilet in all of the bathrooms (not the shower room)

it's very near the shefa birchas hashem at the end of the road. (not the one on sorotzkin)

gold2

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:02 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Why are you going there specifically?
Can I recommend going to the one on zonnenfeld?

Can you tell me more about zonnenfeld mikvah, where it is located and how nice it is etc...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:36 am
How's it possible that some women say it's so beautiful, and some say it's downright horrible??

I do need davka this mikva.

If I request the kallah room will it be fine? How much in advance do I have to make an appointment to get it first shift?

How much does it cost?

SHS

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:40 am
you can make an appointment up to 3 days in advance on the phone number posted before. It's an automated phone system. The earlier you make your appointment the more option of times you will have

gold2

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:47 am
it's 70 shekel . the mikvah is really fine. I've not been to mikvas in usa but this mikva is supposed to be one of the nicest mikvas in yerushalayim done up only a few years ago and I never ask for the kallah room. Don't expect a 5 star hotel experience so you won't be disappointed but it's definitely very clean and decent.
It costs 70 shekel including a bath and all supplies. Hope it works well for you
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions