Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Women going to coed gym?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:58 am
asmileaday wrote:
I respectfully disagree.

What’s the difference? Men are seeing you both in the gym and on the street.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Actually I once asked a Modern Orthdox rav about someone who was raised eating only cholov yisroel, starting to have chalav stam. and he said "I cant' answer your question". so there. I assume that wouldl pertain to many other questions I'd set forth to a modern orthodox rabbi.

she told her to call anonymously on the phone. she did not tell the rav she was very yeshivish. I think she did tell her to say she already asked R. Dovid Cohen and he said no. I think it would depend on the rav and how serious a need there seems to be.

For most of us (sadly) eating Ben and Jerry's isn't in that category Wink

But in all seriousness it could be he said that because it wasn't really a halachic shaila. More a question of a person's own madreiga that they need to figure out themselves or with the hadracha of their own rav/mentor. If the person wasn't chassidish or sefardi, many people would not think it necessary to ask a shaila to start eating chalav stam because in the non-chasidish ashkenazi yeshivish world Rav Moshe's kula of chalav stam is univerally accepted as a valid kula in the US, even if many strive to be a "baal nefesh" and be machmir on cholov yisroel, in varying degrees depending on availabilty where one lives, whether they are traveling, etc.

Last edited by Odelyah on Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:00 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I’m with you and I think this issue is across the board. My theory is that there is so much focus on peer pressure and keeping up the right image, basically caring more about what the community thinks than what Hashem thinks. Once you realize that you actually don’t care what other people think, and there is no foundation for a relationship with Hashem, then what’s left?

I agree with this 100%.
Once I pulled my kids out of their super sheltered belonging to a moisad chassidish cheder and switched them to a neutral place, I wasn't battling clothing, shoes, glasses style and thousands other nonsense stuff. I was able to focus on the real yiddishkeit, simcha shel mitzva, emunah and so many other things.
We need moshiach already to clear up all this nonsense.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I am very chasidish and when I see men and boys with jeans and t-shirt wearing their chasidish peyos, I am full of admiration.
Peyos among yemenites are called simanim - they are showing to the world "I am a jew"

Ahavas yisroel, posters.
Ahavas yisroel, posters.

(Sometimes I think Imamother was invented to bash chasidim.)

Applause Applause Applause Applause

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I am very chasidish and when I see men and boys with jeans and t-shirt wearing their chasidish peyos, I am full of admiration.
Peyos among yemenites are called simanim - they are showing to the world "I am a jew"

Ahavas yisroel, posters.
Ahavas yisroel, posters.

(Sometimes I think Imamother was invented to bash chasidim.)

A chassidish man that wears jeans and tee's is not violating any halacha. You cannot compare this to a women wearing a bathing suit or uncovering her hair in public.
Do you really admire a frum women wearing a bathing suit or uncovering her hair in public??

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:10 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I agree with this 100%.
Once I pulled my kids out of their super sheltered belonging to a moisad chassidish cheder and switched them to a neutral place, I wasn't battling clothing, shoes, glasses style and thousands other nonsense stuff. I was able to focus on the real yiddishkeit, simcha shel mitzva, emunah and so many other things.

I am so happy for you that you found a good school that is right for you family. Kol hakavod!! Perhaps other women who feel stuck in a double life can find a better balance for their family as well b'ezH.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I agree with this 100%.

This is exactly why we moved out of Brooklyn. They're so busy trying to control the nitty gritty details and they don't care about the bigger picture and the real important things.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise