Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
HELP!!! Lakewood Dr- adults

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 1:42 pm
Hi!!! I’m desperately looking for a general practitioner/ internist.... for myself.

Who do you use?? Are you happy there??

Thnx!!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:09 pm
Not happy were we are. It’s very hard to find someone good. (Most dr practices are closed and if they are taking new patients it’s only to see PA)
I’m a patient in a closed practice and desperate to get somewhere new.
Good luck

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:21 pm
My DD's see the PA's in Dr. Shoner's office. I know lots of people who start off seeing the PA's,this way they are in the practice. If there were a real need, they might at some point be able to see Dr. Shoner.

So far they are fine with the PA's B"H.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:48 pm
Dr. Cohen, Preschel, Chemed.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:51 pm
Are u happy at dr shoner with the PAs?
Do you they tell you that you’ll be able to see the dr himself if there’s a need?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:51 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Dr. Cohen, Preschel, Chemed.

Any experience with Preschel?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you they tell you that you’ll be able to see the dr himself if there’s a need?

I think legally if you ask to see a dr they have to bring one.
My DH s shingles was misdiagnosed by a PA. (Not dr shoners practice). Dr diagnosed it in one second. They just don’t have same experience. It concerns me.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:56 pm
We're very happy with preschel. He's a really kind person and a good Dr. The wait could be long though.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 3:53 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I think legally if you ask to see a dr they have to bring one.
My DH s shingles was misdiagnosed by a PA. (Not dr shoners practice). Dr diagnosed it in one second. They just don’t have same experience. It concerns me.

It can be a hit or miss with doctors too. They can have limited experience or exposure to a particular condition.

My little DD's shingles were correctly diagnosed by PA Menashe (when I simply could not get her an appointment to be seen in her pediatrician's office after trying for hours to get thru on the phone...which is utterly ridiculous, but a rant for another day.)

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So far we are happy, though B"H they are healthy and no major issues....

I have a relative who has had a serious illness that she is B"H recovered from, and her file is flagged in the system such that she always sees Dr. Shoner himself. I've been very impressed with the level of care she gets.

Funny thing - one day her DH had a cold - and somehow it flagged him too, so he also saw Dr. Shoner....

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 7:07 pm
Wow! Thnx so much for all the replies.
Will look into Shoner and Preschel a bit more.
Any other places I should attempt?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 8:10 pm
I'm very happy by Dr. Preschel.
My husband prefers Chemed medical center.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 8:13 pm
Chayalle wrote:
It can be a hit or miss with doctors too. They can have limited experience or exposure to a particular condition.

My little DD's shingles were correctly diagnosed by PA Menashe (when I simply could not get her an appointment to be seen in her pediatrician's office after trying for hours to get thru on the phone...which is utterly ridiculous, but a rant for another day.)

I think PA menashe is actually an amazing PA. He really knows his stuff. He works in Lakewood immediate care in gourmet glatt plaza.

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
We're very happy with preschel. He's a really kind person and a good Dr. The wait could be long though.

And he has a couple of PA's, as well

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 8:49 pm
I would NOT recommend Preschel. I had a negative experience there and so did several other people I know, including some medical professionals.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 9:26 pm
I really like Dr Bacon at Chemed. Frum female who seems to be very realistic about what is and isn't important. Doesn't overdo screenings & tests and really looks at the overall health picture instead of harping on the 'in' issues.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 9:50 pm
Dr Tamar green if you want a female dr or any of the other drs from dr Cohen and lempels office

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Dr Tamar green if you want a female dr or any of the other drs from dr Cohen and lempels office

Dr Green is great. Just need to be careful which PA/NP they give you if you can’t see her

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 2:47 pm
I third Dr. Green.

huvi22

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I would NOT recommend Preschel. I had a negative experience there and so did several other people I know, including some medical professionals.

OP, You can PM me about Dr Preschels office
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries