Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which company slippers is the best
1  2  3  Next

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 4:58 pm
My teen DD has extremely sweaty feet. Which company slippers should I get her that will sweat the least and be comfy too? Don't say Crocs cuz they sweat like crazy.

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:00 pm
I have UGG's and the sheepskin absorbs nicely.

If her feet are that hot, why not a style like slides or thong so less of the foot is covered.

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:02 pm
Amarante wrote:
I have UGG's and the sheepskin absorbs nicely.

If her feet are that hot, why not a style like slides or thong so less of the foot is covered.

I have no idea what youre talking abt. Can you plz post a link to give me an idea?
Where would I get UGGs and how would I know what size to get her?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:07 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I have no idea what youre talking abt. Can you plz post a link to give me an idea?
Where would I get UGGs and how would I know what size to get her?

I live in my uggs but it's not for sweaty feet, it's wool. Any they're house slippers, not meant for the street.
Natives are the same as crocs?
Did she try slides? Or perhaps a genuine leather slipper.

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:07 pm
UGG makes a lot of slippers as well as boots

Other brands make various slippers with open toes of some kind - if there is a band, they are called slides. If there is a thong between the toe, they are called thongs or flip flops.

Crocs are made of plastic as far as I know so would produce sweaty feat because there is no way for the soles of the feet to vent. Slippers made from leather or fabric are better for evaporation. Plastic or pleather is the worse.

https://www.zappos.com/p/ugg-f.....85df0

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:16 pm
Amarante wrote:
UGG makes a lot of slippers as well as boots

Other brands make various slippers with open toes of some kind - if there is a band, they are called slides. If there is a thong between the toe, they are called thongs or flip flops.

Crocs are made of plastic as far as I know so would produce sweaty feat because there is no way for the soles of the feet to vent. Slippers made from leather or fabric are better for evaporation. Plastic or pleather is the worse.

https://www.zappos.com/p/ugg-f.....85df0

Real Crocs are made out of foam. The copy's are probably made out of plastic. My kids sweat in imitation crocs and they don't sweat in real crocs.

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Real Crocs are made out of foam. The copy's are probably made out of plastic. My kids sweat in imitation crocs and they don't sweat in real crocs.

Real Crocs. I tried 2 different styles and her tights became wet.

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:33 pm

foam is a form of plastic and at least for mattresses retains heat.

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:35 pm
Amarante wrote:
foam is a form of plastic and at least for mattresses retains heat.

That explains why she sweats in crocs

Elfrida

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:39 pm
I like Isotoner slippers.

There are different styles, but I get the Terry ballerina slippers. The Terry cloth lining is soft and absorbent, and my feet stay warm without getting sweaty. The sole is rubber, so they are fine on wet bathroom floors. Can't speak for any other styles.

I buy them in England, but a quick check confirmed that you can get them on Amazon.

littleprincess

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:42 pm
tweety1 wrote:
My teen DD has extremely sweaty feet. Which company slippers should I get her that will sweat the least and be comfy too? Don't say Crocs cuz they sweat like crazy.

Crocs are extremely sweaty
I love my birkenstock slippers!! They're comfortable and dont sweat .

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:45 pm
Why does she need tights if she is wearing slippers. Tights tend to be made of synthetic materials which don’t wick moisture and coupled with synthetic shoes, will cause sweaty feet and foot odor.

Most people wear slippers with bare feet. If she must wear something in her feet, why don’t you have her wear cotton socks which are absorbent. The socks I wear for working out are especially absorbent because they are designed to absorb sweat.

rockstar

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:54 pm
tweety1 wrote:

Birkenstock's. I love love love mine. They are a bit more pricier then crocs but they are so comfortable and totally worth it!

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:58 pm
littleprincess wrote:
Crocs are extremely sweaty
I love my birkenstock slippers!! They're comfortable and dont sweat .

Right, I forgot about birkenstocks. Amazingly comfortable and not sweaty at all.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:59 pm
Amarante wrote:
Why does she need tights if she is wearing slippers. Tights tend to be made of synthetic materials which don’t wick moisture and coupled with synthetic shoes, will cause sweaty feet and foot odor.

Most people wear slippers with bare feet. If she must wear something in her feet, why don’t you have her wear cotton socks which are absorbent. The socks I wear for working out are especially absorbent because they are designed to absorb sweat.

I don't wear slippers with bare feet, just like I don't wear ankle socks. Many people hold that the ankles can't show.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:49 pm
Amarante wrote:

yes OP the type of slippers won't help much if she's wearing tights all the time even in the house. they make knee socks-even over the knee socks- in cotton. Even if she only wears tights out of the house she should wear cotton knee socks at home in the evening at least, for her feet to be healthy.

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:00 pm
We will never go without tights. I wear knee socks but only if I wear a long robe or skirt. DD only wears socks if she's wearing a nightgown and she's walking around the house in it. Only time she doesn't wear anything is right before bed or right before she goes to sleep.

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:02 pm
Right, I forgot about birkenstocks. Amazingly comfortable and not sweaty at all.

I was going to get her Birkenstock but a sibling of mine discouraged me claiming it lasted her a very short time. I saw dsw sells it. Maybe I'll get it from there. They sell it for cheaper than most places.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:29 pm
tweety1 wrote:
We will never go without tights. I wear knee socks but only if I wear a long robe or skirt. DD only wears socks if she's wearing a nightgown and she's walking around the house in it. Only time she doesn't wear anything is right before bed or right before she goes to sleep.

then why can't she wear over the knee cotton socks and a long skirt in the house? It is for her health. You don't want her to get a fungal infection.

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:30 pm
Wearing tights all the time is potentially very unhealthy because the genitalia should nit be enclosed in synthetic materials for such long period of times. There are knee socks which are absorbent and let the body breathe
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics