Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Long-lasting makeup

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:20 am
Ok a challenge to all you awesome ladies.

My makeup is usually all gone by the end of the day. Shabbos morning for sure, I look like a pale ghost lol.

I have tried every single recommendation from my friends and sisters for makeup that "doesn't budge." NOTHING stays on my face, including when I use makeup setting spray. I guess I have oily skin?

Anyways, what makeup can you recommend that really, really, really stays on all shabbos?

I'll take all suggestions, but eye makeup is the most important to me.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:22 am
Which setting spray are you using

Also, Spray your eye brush with setting spray before you dip it into your eye makeup and apply it that way

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:25 am
Urban Decay Primer Potion keeps my eye makeup on through Yom Tov.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:29 am
sleepybeauty wrote:
Urban Decay Primer Potion keeps my eye makeup on through Yom Tov.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0J184

Is this what you're referring to? You put it under your eye-shadow? And it helps to keep eyeliner, mascara on also?

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H4EX6FA/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1QLA28R0J184

Is this what you're referring to? You put it under your eye-shadow? And it helps to keep eyeliner, mascara on also?

That’s the one. I’m skeptical of buying makeup on Amazon because there are some fakes. It helps with eyeshadow and eyeliner, but not mascara.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:32 am
It depends more on the skin type then on the makeup. Nothing stays on my face, I tried everything. For simchos and yom tov I have my makeup professionally done. She uses tattoo type of makeup, it stays on nicely. Not the full face, but I don't look washed out shabbos morning.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:58 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
It depends more on the skin type then on the makeup. Nothing stays on my face, I tried everything. For simchos and yom tov I have my makeup professionally done. She uses tattoo type of makeup, it stays on nicely. Not the full face, but I don't look washed out shabbos morning.

What DO makeup artists use? I'd love to have them weigh in.
I love the natural look, and go very easy on makeup, but that means it doesn't last too long.
Proffessionals seem to get the natural look, but still have it be long lasting.
I tried primer and spray, but don't think I saw a difference.
I do have pretty good skin.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:12 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

I've tried this also. When I get my makeup professionally done, it stays on a bit better, but not perfect at all. I think I'm a hopeless case. Dont know

Narbin

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:58 pm
I had this problem and what I realized was my Shabbos sheitel was way too dark. My makeup would come off and I looked washed out. I added highlights to the sheitel and the lack of makeup didn’t look as bad. One thing I do every Shabbos is use a silk pillowcase. You can find on Amazon. Cotton absorbs makeup but silk kind of just slides on your face without taking it off. I also use Smashbox Primer Setting Spray. The combo is helping but it’s never going to be perfect.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics