Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How rude? Or am I extra sensitive?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:36 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Maybe so, but I'm thinking it wasn't so clear from your post. :-/

Okay, but the ASSUMPTION that I intended it in that way is offensive.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:37 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Okay, but the ASSUMPTION that I intended it in that way is offensive.

I apologize.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 12:31 am
OP I totallly hear you.
This happens to me all the time and I can't stand it. Friend calls me "Hey whats up, hows it going, what do you have going on today?" And I'll answer "nothing crazy, the usual" and she'll say oh good can you take my kid home from school etc etc. I find it super annoying. Just start with the favor so I can lie abt needing to be somewhere. JK. Kind of.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 12:52 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
It's actually quite common for people on the spectrum to be "honest" and not know their way around the little untruths and nuances of social interactions. You're not supposed to be honest about not having plans unless you are open to making some; you're supposed to say you're busy if you don't want to put more things on your schedule.

Dw about this comment, my husband had a good laugh when I told him about it, teased me the rest of the day LOL

You know, some people do find social interactions come easier than others and you don't havta be on the spectrum for that. I manage very well in general, I'm usually the one to start a good conversation going at a wedding or the like so I know I'm not too bad... I'm just too honest in other areas. I guess I need to realise that I don't owe the whole world an explanation about my life and my doings.

There is one conversation I get angry about. Birth control. So often I get asked about it, like what do you care, why do you need this info? do you mind not to be so nosy?

I even remember discussing with a friend the fact that whether I did ever take or am currently on or will ever be on it- its not something DH and myself feel like sharing. 2 mins later "but tell me, do you take anything?"
I think ill pick new friends... jk

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 2:00 pm
I'm quitting this thread, but amother Oak's comment is completely unacceptable, and so is abuse of the hug button.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette