Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
My child is very absentminded. I wonder...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:26 pm
How is a child evaluated for ADD?
I am not certain but have been thinking about this for a while (and my husband was diagnosed a lot of years ago - he is not doing anything to help himself, but thats a whole other story)

I am in Israel if it makes a difference.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:37 pm
Speak to your child's teachers, and find out what dc is like in school.

In the USA, as the first step, from my experience as a teacher, is that the parents and teachers fill out a form, from the pediatrician, about how frequently various behaviors happen.

I don't know about in EY. Speak to your pediatrician.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 2:11 pm
THe smartest girl in my class also went to camp with me she always was loosing her things

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 2:28 pm
We just started this process for our very absent-minded son. This has always been his personality and we have adopted a wait-and-see attitude because it wasn't affecting his functioning at all. Now (he's 10) however his lack of understanding of social norms and general floatiness has started to affect him socially.

We're in Israel as well.
1) Met with his teacher and the school counselor to get their point of view and express our concerns.
2) Appointment with paediatrician. Referrals for sight and hearing tests (they want to rule out the basics), MOXO (diagnostic test for ADD), blood test, and neurologist.

That's where we're up to at the moment. When we went through a similar process for our older child (different type of issue), the neurologist had a questionnaire for us to fill in and another for his teacher.

Take it from there. Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children