Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What are these weird little bugs?

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:14 pm
I didn't really know where to put this ...

A while ago, I found these weird, never seen them before little tiny ovular, brown beetle-looking bugs in my candle drawer in the china cabinet in the dining room. Then, I found the same little bugs in my dill weed. Then, in my pickling spices. Most of my spices are unaffected, though. And I can't imagine how they got in the containers. I tried looking for pictures online to identify, but couldn't find anything that looked right, and gave up from grossness, lol. Does anyone have any idea what they might be?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:19 pm
They could be rice/grain weevils...I had a pantry infestation a few years ago and they were in the dill, paprika, and some grains.

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
They could be rice/grain weevils...I had a pantry infestation a few years ago and they were in the dill, paprika, and some grains.

They don't look as long and pointy as weevils. They are very rounded.

luckymom1

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:25 pm
Carpet beetles?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:58 pm
Another vote for possible carpet beetles.are you finding small holes in cotton clothing?

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 8:01 pm
I don't know about carpet beetles. I can only look at so many bug images before I go off my dinner, lol! I am not finding any inexplicable holes, and so far have only seen these bugs in candles, pickling spices, and dill weed. Weirdly specific bugs, no? They were all dead in the candles, though. So, I cleaned them all out. But a ton more dead ones appeared. There were live ones in the pickling spices.

happy12

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 8:58 pm
Pantry beetles

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 9:49 pm
I had an infestation of, no joke, "hairy fungus beetles." Google image search to see if they look like yours. Get rid of anything even possibly contaminated, usually grains - rice, old matzah etc... these things were hard to get rid of. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen