Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
7 YO still sprinkling out of the bowl

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:35 pm
Wasn’t sure how to phrase that in respectful terms...

My 7 year old still pees all over when he urinates. His pen*s is straight when he urinates and if he isn’t extremely careful to point it down, it goes all over. Every day.

What can I do to help him get it right?

ETA: happens when he stands as well as when he sits.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:45 pm
This is life of a mom with boys. Some men even do it...
You can put a target sticker in the toilet so he knows where to aim.
Tell him when he sits he should hold it down till he's done.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:29 am
And my 18 year old still does this..... :eye roll:

nchr

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:44 am
We have a target sticker in the kids bathroom, but it doesnt really help. I've taught my boys to wipe the seat down and the floor (and throw the wipe in the garbage bin) after using the toilet. I remember when my son started school he was confused about why there were no wipes in the bathrooms for wiping it down after..

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:56 am
nchr wrote:
We have a target sticker in the kids bathroom, but it doesnt really help. I've taught my boys to wipe the seat down and the floor (and throw the wipe in the garbage bin) after using the toilet. I remember when my son started school he was confused about why there were no wipes in the bathrooms for wiping it down after..

Go imma!

Now that I have a son, I'm amazed that every house isn't built with child-height urinals. This uphill battle just shouldn't be.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 2:55 am
That is life with boys.
When my boys were toilet training I drilled it in them to aim. But it doesn't always help, sometimes they forget or space out...
I wipe down the toilet and area a couple times a day/week as needed with antibacterial wipes.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:30 am
[quote="Rappel"]Go imma!

Now that I have a son, I'm amazed that every house isn't built with child-height urinals. This uphill battle just shouldn't be.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 02 2021, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:41 am
nchr wrote:
I wonder why not...
We took our kids on vacation to the Madonna Inn (bad name, I know - great expeirence) and their public men's bathroom is a rock water fall.

LOL

That's genius!

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:26 am
So it is life with boys. But I also find it happens when they hold it in too long and then have to rush.

I have even seen them shiver from relief while peeing ... And then it goes EVERYWHERE. I can hear it splashing against the walls, back of the toilet ... Really everywhere.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:30 am
I definitely feel better that it’s normal... but I don’t want him growing up still doing this. Especially in other people’s home. I need to feel comfortable knowing that he’s not peeing up others’ bathrooms.

Regarding the sticker in the bowl - how do you get a sticker to stay stuck on the bowl without being flushed?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:40 am
Rappel wrote:
Go imma!

I bought a plastic froggie one on amazon for 8.99 when I got sick and tired of stepping in pee. Our bathroom has bad lighting so he wouldn't see it and neither would I until it was too late. After one too many yellings I just gave up. Yes it has to be spilled out but it's no big deal. Clean bathroom reclaimed. Aaaaaaaah.

nchr

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I definitely feel better that it’s normal... but I don’t want him growing up still doing this. Especially in other people’s home. I need to feel comfortable knowing that he’s not peeing up others’ bathrooms.

Regarding the sticker in the bowl - how do you get a sticker to stay stuck on the bowl without being flushed?

It's a decal. Go to amazon and type in Toilet Training Decal.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's a special sticker, it doesn't flush.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I bought a plastic froggie one on amazon for 8.99 when I got sick and tired of stepping in pee. Our bathroom has bad lighting so he wouldn't see it and neither would I until it was too late. After one too many yellings I just gave up. Yes it has to be spilled out but it's no big deal. Clean bathroom reclaimed. Aaaaaaaah.

I'm not sure I understand
What did you buy on Amazon?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I'm not sure I understand
What did you buy on Amazon?

It's a little boys frog urinal. You stick it on the wall at the kids hight and you have to spill it afterwards. Like a potty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics