Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
He accidentally included the email trail

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:12 pm
I have a co-worker in another department who has been working on a project with me. It has not been going smoothly. Recently he sent me an email related to a project request I had made that included a long back and forth email trail with someone in his department. In the email he referred to the "drama continuing" and made other similar comments.

None of what I read was shocking and none of it was crossed the line into truly offensive but it was also unprofessional.

I'm not really interested in starting anything and I just want to finish this project and move on. Unfortunately I will probably have to work with him on a project in the future.

I also know that sometimes people just need to let off steam and if the tables were turned I would probably just hope he wouldn't say anything.

WWYD?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 4:08 pm
Ignore. Let him figure it out. If he says something to you brush it off. Act professional courteous and with him always.
ETA If you think there might have been something you'd do differently in the future, take a mental note of it.
Dont discuss this with any one on the email chain or other coworkers either. Ignore, brush it off and act professionally. How you handle this may impact your work relationships positively or negatively. You'll never hear it to your face, though.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:50 pm
I just had a coworker slack me something. He obviously ment to slack it to himself, or someone else (wonder who)

We needed to discuss something. He came to work late, we had an office meeting in the morning and I had conference calls in the afternoon. This is besides all the work I had to do.

I told my coworker that I have a busy schedule today, but I will be available anytime before 1:30.

He slacked me the following " "busy schedule today " yet she had time until 1:30" . It looked like he was telling someone that I said I was busy today, but in reality I was free until 1:30. I actually worked from home that night to try to catch up.

He edited his comment after a few minutes. I decided not to say anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics