Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Kids skiing amer dream mall

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:21 pm
My kids are good skiers, and want to go to big snow . If anyone’s been there:

1- is it only for beginners or could more advanced skiers enjoy ( 11 and 12 yo)

2- anyway to get cheaper tix) we don’t have our own equipment..) like Groupon promo codes etc

3- when I called about younger kids they said that they don’t have gear for under 6, is that true? I know ppl that went a few wks ago and their kids got gear there...

4- I was hoping for lessons for my less seasoned kids, but they haven’t started.. anyone know someone that could give lessons there?

5- any other important info to know?
Thx!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:39 pm
Bump

my mama

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:59 pm
My siblings were there. They are blue slope skiers and they had a really nice time.

I wouldn't know about the rest. Sorry.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:45 am
If they're "good skiers" and "want big snow," they will likely be disappointed. I haven't skied American Dream, but have done indoor skiing in two other countries, and while it's a fun novelty, it's nothing like a real mountain with real vertical and varied terrain. Add in the lines that can get really long at popular times, and they may be ready to go after a few runs.

If you have the option to take them to Camelback or Shawnee or Hunter, they will probably enjoy it much more, but if it's near you, maybe you could take them by and let them see what it is to let them decide for themselves.

Newmom#1

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:12 pm
My husband and I went skiing there. My husband is an experienced skiier and was disappointed by the slopes. I did see little children get gear there and there are staff helping and teaching.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children