Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
IPhone out of space. iCloud or another way?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:13 am
My iPhone is almost out of storage space.

Should I pay iCloud to back up everything?

I think it’s mostly videos that I’d like to keep, but I don’t need them to stay on my phone.

Help! Thanks!

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:17 am
You can upload them to google photos or transfer them to a flash drive if you don’t want to pay for iCloud storage.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:19 am
sleepybeauty wrote:
You can upload them to google photos or transfer them to a flash drive if you don’t want to pay for iCloud storage.

Are you able to give me instruction about Google Photos? Does that have a size limit? Is it reliable? Thank you so much!!

And how can I move them from the phone to a flash drive? I guess first copy them to my computer??

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:26 am
You get a total of 15 GB per email, but it includes email, drive, and photo storage, so if you’re email is pretty full it may not be a good option (unless you have a second gmail account). You can download the google photos app on your phone and upload through there.

For a flash drive, you should be able to transfer the photos and videos directly to it without first copying them to your computer if the flash drive and phone are both plugged in.

icebreaker

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:28 am
I use google photos. There’s an app (which since you don’t have space, you may not be able to download). But after downloading the app, you log on with your gmail info and it starts to copy all of your pics and videos after you give the app permission to do so (or something like that). But paying for iCloud might be worth it too.

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 11:10 am
I use iCloud and I think it's worth the minimal amount I pay for storage because it works seamlessly with my iPhone as well as my other Apple devices - my iPad and my computer are all synched.

Also when you get a new phone, you will be able to just download to the new iPhone and be immediately running with all the data and adjustments you have on your current phone.

Are you not backed up at all? You should be backing up your data on your phone and computers at least once a day. My stuff is automatically backed up. My computer is backed up every hour with Time Machine and my iPhone synchs automatically to iCloud. I can't tell you how much of a lifesaver this has been when my computer or phone is replaced. Computers die suddenly. Phones get broken, lost or stolen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics