Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Intermittent Fasting question

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:02 am
So I've been doing a 16:8 fasting pattern for about 2-3 weeks now. Not much of a formal diet plan for while I'm eating, though "trying" to be "Good" and eat more protein than carbs, but . I had lost 2lbs in the first week, but in the next 2 weeks I've basically stayed the same weight. Is this typical? I'm trying to figure out if this diet is really worth my time. I'm not sure I can commit to a full keto lifestyle right now.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:07 am
IF works best w/eating low carb.
Not necessarily keto.
I am slowly but steadily loosing, but doing 13 hour fasts every day.
Meaning, ex: No eating 10pm-11am, occasionally I will do a 16 hr fast.
But again , I am also in the beginning of this, not sure how it’ll play out long term and I am also sticking to low carb eating.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:08 am
I found I lost slowly. Approx 1 lb per week or 10 weeks when starting. I then stopped losing. I still have 5 lbs to lose.
I’ve been doing it now for 6 months now - and only lost the first 2.5 months but I’m staying on it so I at least don’t gain it back.
I am not careful about what I eat. If I was I assume I’d start losing again.
I also do 16:8 - I eat 1:30-9:30.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:11 am
I do the 16:8 just as a healthy lifestyle. I feel much better not eating after 6 pm. I would not call it a diet. If you want to lose weight add something to it like drink only water and stay away from bad carbs and junk.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I found I lost slowly. Approx 1 lb per week or 10 weeks when starting. I then stopped losing. I still have 5 lbs to lose.
I’ve been doing it now for 6 months now - and only lost the first 2.5 months but I’m staying on it so I at least don’t gain it back.
I am not careful about what I eat. If I was I assume I’d start losing again.
I also do 16:8 - I eat 1:30-9:30.

That's close to the window that I was doing. I found it much easier to skip food in the morning than in the evening. I'm never hungry for breakfast anyhow.
But my doctor told me this would work best if I stopped eating at least 3 hours before bed. So unless you go to bed 12:30 or later, you might want to push your window back a little and see if that alone might be enough to help with some weight loss rather than making major food choice changes.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
That's close to the window that I was doing. I found it much easier to skip food in the morning than in the evening. I'm never hungry for breakfast anyhow.
But my doctor told me this would work best if I stopped eating at least 3 hours before bed. So unless you go to bed 12:30 or later, you might want to push your window back a little and see if that alone might be enough to help with some weight loss rather than making major food choice changes.

Supper At 9:00 is the only meal I eat with DH. It’s not worth it to give that up.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:30 am
Just started it. I’m doing 6:30-10:30. The problem is that I feel dizzy and lightheaded in the morning Sad

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:38 am
SuperWify wrote:
Just started it. I’m doing 6:30-10:30. The problem is that I feel dizzy and lightheaded in the morning Sad

You start eating 6:30 pm?

Drink a ton. I do cinnamon tea, apple spice tea and fruit herbal teas. Water. You can also do lemon water.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I've been doing a 16:8 fasting pattern for about 2-3 weeks now. Not much of a formal diet plan for while I'm eating, though "trying" to be "Good" and eat more protein than carbs, but . I had lost 2lbs in the first week, but in the next 2 weeks I've basically stayed the same weight. Is this typical? I'm trying to figure out if this diet is really worth my time. I'm not sure I can commit to a full keto lifestyle right now.

Are you following the 8 hours diet book? The author says to do some cardio excercize for 8 minutes before eating the first meal of the day.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:08 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Are you following the 8 hours diet book? The author says to do some cardio excercize for 8 minutes before eating the first meal of the day.

Not so simple for me to do when I'm at work around lunchtime

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
You start eating 6:30 pm?

Drink a ton. I do cinnamon tea, apple spice tea and fruit herbal teas. Water. You can also do lemon water.

Stop at 6:30 pm start the next morning at 10:30. I usually eat breakfast at 8:30/9. Today at the gym at 10:15 I completely blacked out...

I drink lemon and water always.

elisheva25

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 2:19 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Stop at 6:30 pm start the next morning at 10:30. I usually eat breakfast at 8:30/9. Today at the gym at 10:15 I completely blacked out...

That’s too many hours especially for beginning fasting and you are working out ...
Too much
630pm-730am is 13 hrs. It’s recommend that you get used to 13 hr fasts before staring 16.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 3:37 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
That’s too many hours especially for beginning fasting and you are working out ...
Too much
630pm-730am is 13 hrs. It’s recommend that you get used to 13 hr fasts before staring 16.

That’s a good idea. Maybe I’ll stop 7:30 (6:40 is too early...) and start 9:30

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:01 pm
I did 16:8 for a few weeks. I even did 24 hrs IF once a week for 2 weeks. I did not loose weight. This is with eating very healthy and excersizing 3 times a week. It was very frustrating.
But this is only my experience. I hope u have better luck.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:16 pm
I do alternate day fasting and loving it.

I love not having meal plan on fast days. And I feel perfectly fine.

I hate hate calorie counting. This is a dream for me

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 1:20 am
SuperWify wrote:

If you blacked out, you are doing something very dangerous. Your body can't handle this, no matter how many success stories you've heard from other people.

Stop it. Don't be stupid.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 7:27 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
If you blacked out, you are doing something very dangerous. Your body can't handle this, no matter how many success stories you've heard from other people.

Stop it. Don't be stupid.

Thanks.
I’ve been blacking out and getting dizzy spells lately even before I started this. I’m going to the doctor next week for blood work. I’m going to go back to eating breakfast but not eating after dinner is not dangerous.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 10:38 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Thanks.
I’ve been blacking out and getting dizzy spells lately even before I started this. I’m going to the doctor next week for blood work. I’m going to go back to eating breakfast but not eating after dinner is not dangerous.

No one would tell you to start fasting when you have this black out problem that is not a normal fasting problem. And dr Fung would say not to in these circumstances. Figure out what’s wrong with you while eating well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise