Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Teen girls camp
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Teen time is $745 for 1 half plus 95 transportation is that standard pricing or is this camp more pricey?

For a teen camp this is average.
I’m sending my daughter going into 6th to same camp she went to as a camper so it’s cheaper but I’m assuming less major.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:36 am
Try camp elite. It’s the separate teen division of azamrah. Loads of fun but not over the top.
There is also camp it! Small teen crowd going into 7th 8th and maybe even 9th. Run by an amazing person. Girls are given loads of fun but in a safe environment. ( I don’t like over the top camps..)
For my younger daughter I’m paying $500 for camp for one half.
For daughter going into 7th it’s $795!!!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 8:28 am
Maalot is $795 (plus $95 for transportation - trying to decide about that, wondering if I could carpool) for 1 half if I register early.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Teen time is $745 for 1 half plus 95 transportation is that standard pricing or is this camp more pricey?

Yes, agree, it's very expensive. By the time I'm done, will be close to $900, almost the same price as sleep-away camp for my other daughter second half! Seems the price went up as all day camps did and I'm not sure how much other teen camps are charging but it's well worth the price as it's non stop fun and action!

keym

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:29 am
Chaya123 wrote:
Yes, agree, it's very expensive. By the time I'm done, will be close to $900, almost the same price as sleep-away camp for my other daughter second half! Seems the price went up as all day camps did and I'm not sure how much other teen camps are charging but it's well worth the price as it's non stop fun and action!

Sleep away camp for a half is minimum doublethe price of teen camp. Plus everything you need to buy and prepare.
I am so grateful for the concept of teen camp. My out of town relatives are sending their 6th and 7th grade girls to sleep away camp because of a lack of fun day camps. In my daughter's class, 6th grade, only 2 girls went away, 7th 1/3 of the class. Coming out of 8th, 2/3 of the class is going.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:32 am
I’m looking into elite now for second 1/2.

Do ppl send there mainly because it’s a CHS camp?

I don’t need over the top. I like a more wholesome experience. Are all teen camps just ‘crazy’, non-stop? (First 1/2 DD is doing a more low key program).

What is the supervision like there? Is it responsible?

(I’m lookimg into elite because that is where her friends are going)

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:33 am
Chaya123 wrote:

Only bnos ruach chaim is close in price. Rest of sleepover camps are well over 2k. Plus extra $300+ just for transportation, luggage and tips.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I’m looking into elite now for second 1/2.

Do ppl send there mainly because it’s a CHS camp?

I don’t need over the top. I like a more wholesome experience. Are all teen camps just ‘crazy’, non-stop? (First 1/2 DD is doing a more low key program).

What is the supervision like there? Is it responsible?

(I’m lookimg into elite because that is where her friends are going)

I sent to Elite 2 summers ago and was very happy. Was fun but not crazy, over the top. I don't think attract just CHS crowd, there are definitely all types and the directors were very pleasant and nice to deal with.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Only bnos ruach chaim is close in price. Rest of sleepover camps are well over 2k. Plus extra $300+ just for transportation, luggage and tips.

There are other camps where you can get discounts for 2nd half. But definitely the preparation, shopping, canteen, bus and luggage all add up.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:40 am
keym wrote:
Sleep away camp for a half is minimum doublethe price of teen camp. Plus everything you need to buy and prepare.
I am so grateful for the concept of teen camp. My out of town relatives are sending their 6th and 7th grade girls to sleep away camp because of a lack of fun day camps. In my daughter's class, 6th grade, only 2 girls went away, 7th 1/3 of the class. Coming out of 8th, 2/3 of the class is going.

there are some overnight camps that only begin with 7th grade so for 6th grade, a teen camp is perfect!

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:51 am
Elite was fun! My dd enjoyed! We paid.. no chs., but I don’t think chs covers teens anyway.. probably just until 10 or 11 years old

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Elite was fun! My dd enjoyed! We paid.. no chs., but I don’t think chs covers teens anyway.. probably just until 10 or 11 years old

CHS covers age 12 and down. Lucky those who have it!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:29 pm
So far from what I've read

Over the top camps
Maalot
Teen time
Meoros (grossman)

Less over the top
Azamra (accepts chs)
Camp it (small)

Anyone else able to add other camps to this list?

Another issue I have with over the top camps besides it being over the top is that some are only first half, what do I do with dd for second half?anything less than over the top becomes boring and "nebby".

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:33 pm
what abt chodosh?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Over the top camps
Maalot
Teen time
Meoros (grossman)

Less over the top
Azamra (accepts chs)
Camp it (small)

Another issue I have with over the top camps besides it being over the top is that some are only first half, what do I do with dd for second half?anything less than over the top becomes boring and "nebby".

My DD is going to get a job the 2nd half of the summer. She's been making some plans with a friend to JC in a toddler backyard camp. She's actually great with that age - she has lots of experience with my nephew and with my neighbor's child - and I think it's great for her to do that.

I find that when she goes to an over the top camp first half - and that's what she wants to do, and where her friends are headed, and I gotta deal with the child I've got - she's really, really done after 4 weeks. She does not need a 2nd half of over the top. In fact, she doesn't need a 2nd half of structure at all.

For the past two years, I've sent her for first half, and then she really needs a break. I let her stay home for like 2 weeks, and then I send her to something chilled for the last two weeks.

This year she wants to work, so if it works out, why not?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:53 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
what abt chodosh?

My daughter actually mentioned that lots of classmates are going to chodosh this year. I don’t know for sure but it might be considered over the top.. seems to have a good name among the 6,7th graders.
Op, which school is your daughter in?
Can she ask around to hear where girls in her class are going?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 1:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Over the top camps
Maalot
Teen time
Meoros (grossman)

Less over the top
Azamra (accepts chs)
Camp it (small)

Depends on the age.
Camp meoros (Liss) has a great teen division of the regular camp (going into 6 and 7). It’s a lot of fun and they make a camp play were the girls really shine.
I think I’m going to do that first 1/2.

I also heard of another camp - camp kochavim - or something like that. More artsy. Plays and arts.

In the end girls go were they have friends so that is a huge influence.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 2:00 pm
There's also Camp Neema, which has jewelry making/crafts etc.

keym

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 2:03 pm
Neema has a lower key program and it goes for both halves.
Though where are your daughter's friends going? Ultimately that's what made my choice.
But the summer my daughter went to Maalot, all her friends got jobs in backyard camps. They had fun and made decent money (for a 12/13 yr old.)

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 2:05 pm
I went to chodosh as a camper! (I’m nearing 30 now) I only have the best memories from there! Great trips, great activities, great staff! And this was quite a number of years ago so I can imagine it’s only gotten better Smile
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries