Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What does your cleaning lady do
Previous  1  2

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:39 am
I have 4 hours once a week. This is what she does every time:

She washes two full bathrooms
Vacuums three bedrooms, hallway, steps, dining/living room
Makes beds in all bedrooms
Washes dishes in sinks
Washes two stovetops, counters, sinks, table, chairs
Vacuums and mops kitchen floor

Then I have time for one more extra, so I'll alternate between mopping floors in different parts of the house, washing the fridge, changing linen, washing windows, dusting furniture... (according to the amount of dishes in the kitchen sink, she has more or less time for the rest).

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Either my lady is slow or I have a bigger apartment then the rest....

5 hours
Vacuum my entire house and dust furntiure in all rooms.
Wash 3 bathrooms
Wash kitchen. Sinks. Window. Table chair. Couch
Wash hall

This sounds very slow to me.

In 6 hours my cleaning help cleans my 3 floor home and washed and folds all the laundry.

She come Monday, Wednesday, Friday, so Wednesday the house just gets a surface clean and she will wash linens, clean the fridge or pantry, polish silver etc

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:54 am
Always had 3 hours: small apt
-clean bathroom
-make beds(every other week change linens-take off old and put in washer, change to second set)
-basic cleaning of bedrooms(wipe down Mirrors and dressers, organize top of dresser, pick up things from floor, vacuum)
-vaccum living room rug, pick up stray toys
-clean kitchen- wash dishes, wipe down counters and table, mop floors
-fold laundry (I put away)

(Recently added a second day to wash dishes, fold a small load of laundry, mop, clean bathroom, vaccum-this is more supplemental for me to keep up during the week, the other day is my more my big shabbos cleanup)

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 11:04 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
This sounds very slow to me.

In 6 hours my cleaning help cleans my 3 floor home and washed and folds all the laundry.

She come Monday, Wednesday, Friday, so Wednesday the house just gets a surface clean and she will wash linens, clean the fridge or pantry, polish silver etc

In my experience having someone clean three times a week versus once a week or every two weeks makes a huge difference in terms of how much can be realistically done in that time.

If someone comes less frequently, things must be cleaned more carefully and this takes more time. Some stuff which she isn't doing every day is more time consuming than others.

I am not vouching for the efficiency of anyone's cleaning help but there are so many variables in terms of how much time it takes to clean stuff. If a home is small it's actually more difficult to clean because there are probably more obstacles to clean around and under. If there are items on a counter, it takes more time to clean the counters. There might be x number of bathrooms but a child's bathroom probably needs more intensive cleaning than a master bath or a powder room.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics