Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Want praises and DH aint givin it? Post here!

applesbananas

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:09 am
Disclaimer- my love language isnt words of affirmation but who doesnt love to brag a bit? So on sunday I told DH that I cleaned 2 (less used) rooms for pesach incl closets (and walls and trim and knobs- which has nothing to do with pesach lol) dh says to me "wtvr makes you happy" hahha. Not so much the reaction I was hoping for LOL

lcraighten

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 11:33 am
Amen!! I am always asking for compliments Very Happy.

I take care of the kids, work a full time job, have fresh dinner and snacks available, make DH and kids lunches every day, have company for shabbos, keep a neat and clean house, have a smile on my face and am in general happy. I feel like I don't get as much credit as I should!

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 11:42 am
I have strep. My kids have strep too, but also have very high energy. I cleaned the whole house today while playing with, feeding, and entertaining them so DH would come home from work to a pleasant environment (he's sick too). 45 minutes before he gets home, I'm sitting down exhausted, and my kids throw a massive tantrum and literally wreck our tiny house. Toys and books everywhere, furniture disarrayed, even trash dumped out. I wanted to cry. I made myself sweet tea, locked myself in my room to drink it, and then came back out with 20 minutes to go and got the front room clear before he got home. He was lightly pleased, but I know what I went through to get there, and I feel like King Kong after today.

b.chadash

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 11:45 am
applesbananas wrote:
Disclaimer- my love language isnt words of affirmation but who doesnt love to brag a bit? So on sunday I told DH that I cleaned 2 (less used) rooms for pesach incl closets (and walls and trim and knobs- which has nothing to do with pesach lol) dh says to me "wtvr makes you happy" hahha. Not so much the reaction I was hoping for LOL

Wow you are amazing, efficient, balabusta, incredible! What an inspiration to us all!! Very Happy

jewishmom6

lcraighten wrote:

I take care of the kids, work a full time job, have fresh dinner and snacks available, make DH and kids lunches every day, have company for shabbos, keep a neat and clean house, have a smile on my face and am in general happy. I feel like I don't get as much credit as I should!

you are amazing!!!!

Rappel

lcraighten wrote:

Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy

I'm just glad if my nausea doesn't knock me on my face by midday. You go girl!

ddmom

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 11:58 am
applesbananas wrote:

That's worse than no praises,I hate when my husband does this!!!!
As if we clean for pesach because it makes us happy!!!

mizle10

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 12:02 pm
I’ve texted my DH things like..
“When you come home please notice how clean the house is”
“Please tell me I look pretty today! I’m wearing something new!”
“Remind me that I’m amazing pls!”

And it somehow still makes me happy when he compliments me after I asked him to LOL

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 12:16 pm
Rappel wrote:
I have strep. My kids have strep too, but also have very high energy. I cleaned the whole house today while playing with, feeding, and entertaining them so DH would come home from work to a pleasant environment (he's sick too). 45 minutes before he gets home, I'm sitting down exhausted, and my kids throw a massive tantrum and literally wreck our tiny house. Toys and books everywhere, furniture disarrayed, even trash dumped out. I wanted to cry. I made myself sweet tea, locked myself in my room to drink it, and then came back out with 20 minutes to go and got the front room clear before he got home. He was lightly pleased, but I know what I went through to get there, and I feel like King Kong after today.

Strep is awful! It’s amazing that you managed to accomplish all that while feeling sick. It’s so frustrating that it got messed up. I’m super impressed that you were able to calm yourself after the kids wrecked all your hard work.

lcraighten

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 12:24 pm
Rappel wrote:

You are so amazing!

Rappel

sleepybeauty wrote:
Strep is awful! It’s amazing that you managed to accomplish all that while feeling sick. It’s so frustrating that it got messed up. I’m super impressed that you were able to calm yourself after the kids wrecked all your hard work.

Bless you. Your words are like balm to my nervous soul.

Lizzie4

I walked my son to and from his bed about 15 times without losing my cool. Go me!

rgh

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 12:48 pm
mizle10 wrote:
I’ve texted my DH things like..
“When you come home please notice how clean the house is”
“Please tell me I look pretty today! I’m wearing something new!”
“Remind me that I’m amazing pls!”

And it somehow still makes me happy when he compliments me after I asked him to LOL

Haha I do the same!

"Honey, I swept and mopped the whole house today."

"Right my makeup looks good today?"

"I baked 3 batches of chocolate chip cookies so we can have homemade nosh."

Its like standing with your hand out, asking for a compliment, but it still feels good!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics