Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What to bring back from Israel?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:00 pm
My mother is in Israel now and has room in her suitcase to bring me whatever I want. Drawing a blank. Any ideas? I live oot so even if it's available in NY/ Lakewood, if there's something unique to Israel I would like to hear. Tia.

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:21 pm
Silan
Tehina
Silver jewelry
Unique perfumes/wines/soaps
Teva sandals

What do you like? Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:28 pm
Dead Sea mud. Ahava makes good products, but there's nothing like mud dug right on the spot and put in a double zip lock baggie. A dab of mud works wonders for zits, bug bites, and other skin inflammations. I use it the way other people use cortisol cream, and it works even better.

Dead Sea salt for baths. Mix with some essential oils and store in a jar by the tub.

Oh, and zatar spice!

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:40 pm
Spices in general. While I'm sure whole vanilla bean is available in the US, I never saw it.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 6:29 pm
challah board with out the knife

MiriFr

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 6:32 pm
Rappel wrote:
Spices in general. While I'm sure whole vanilla bean is available in the US, I never saw it.

Target!

OP, get those tea candies that you put in hot water (or eat plain if youre a candy addict like me). They're sold alllll over the shuk.

trixx

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 6:41 pm
Tichels - never as cheap here as they are there!

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 6:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My mother is in Israel now and has room in her suitcase to bring me whatever I want. Drawing a blank. Any ideas? I live oot so even if it's available in NY/ Lakewood, if there's something unique to Israel I would like to hear. Tia.

just heard from somwbody who brought bags for mishloach manot for a shekel each. which is very cheap for Europe, not sure about the US
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions