Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
White fish recipe that doesn't taste fishy

ameliabedelia

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 6:34 pm
Does anyone have any recipes for white fish that doesn't really taste like fish? Like a good sauce that masks the taste? Trying to add fish to my diet but I really don't love it Sad

Cheiny

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 6:40 pm
ameliabedelia wrote:
Does anyone have any recipes for white fish that doesn't really taste like fish? Like a good sauce that masks the taste? Trying to add fish to my diet but I really don't love it Sad

If you don’t like fish, or a fishy taste, white fish isn’t the kind to eat...It’s very fishy. Try some baked salmon with olive oil and lots of spices on it, breaded filet of sole or flounder (smear bbq sauce mixed with mayo and spice on fish, coat in corn flake crumbs, baked), grilled tuna steak marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, spices).
You can also take fish oil supplements which easily give you the benefits of fish.

boots

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:08 pm
1) saute a box of mushrooms, remove from pan, saute a small onion. return mushrooms to pan, add 2 tablespoons of sour cream, a tablespoon of white wine, half a tsp salt, half a tsp pepper and pour over sole, flounder or tilapia. Bake uncovered at 375 until cooked to an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit. If the fish is defrosted it should take about 20 min, frozen will probably be longer.

2) This is really good and not at all fishy if you get fresh fish. It only takes seven minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk2TdfB4LFc

cbsp

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:25 pm
I'm sorry, your OP reminded me of this article:

http://www.jewishworldreview.c......php3
Hmm, that's awful fishy
By Greg Crosby

(now back to your regularly scheduled recipes)

tichellady

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 3:32 pm
Branzino and sole are very mild
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics