Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Alice in wonderland

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:07 am
What can I put into the mishloach Manos? Things that will be an easy connection.
Preferably not anything homemade....

Elfrida

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:13 am
Bottles labelled 'Drink me'
Cupcakes/muffins labelled 'Eat me'
Jam tarts
Tea bags (mad hatters tea party)
If you can find it, chocolate (or anything else) wrapped to look like a pack of cards.

Dina2018

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:26 am
I would print out wrappers with Alice on it and put it around chocolate bars

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:31 am
All great ideas, thanks!!!

Elfrida

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:32 am
I like the idea of a small container of soup, labelled 'Mock Turtle Soup', but that would probably have to be home made. You could do it in advance and freeze it in the containers though.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:42 am
Elfrida wrote:
I like the idea of a small container of soup, labelled 'Mock Turtle Soup', but that would probably have to be home made. You could do it in advance and freeze it in the containers though.

Usually I make one or two things homemade, and it’s not an issue, but I’ve had a very stressful year since school started, plus I’ve been under the weather for the last two weeks. I’m still not feeling great, but I’m at least better than I was yesterday. It’s just too much for me to think about this year.

EDIT: I actually just remembered I have a whole big container of butternut squash soup in my freezer!! Would that work? What kind of container would you put it in?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 12:12 pm
I think any kind of soup would work. It's only for the sake of having a soup. I've just looked up mock turtle soup, out of curiosity, and it is both fleishic and treif, so make sure you label it parev, or whatever it is.

I would probably use a cheap plastic container, but if you google you might find Alice themed containers. Download illustrations of Alice with the mock turtle, and use that to make a big label saying 'mock turtle soup'.

You can order Alice themed stickers and let your children use them to decorate.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 12:14 pm
You could buy cheap top hats and put it all into the hat, wrapped up (mad hatter....)

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 12:16 pm
Oriental trading has paper tea cups etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics