Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
House smells

Sudy

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 6:46 pm
Every time I come home I notice a smell in my house. My old apt had a smell and I always assumed that was because its old, but my new apt also has a smell. So I must assume Im doing something wrong.

I am fairly clean but not overly so (8 kids and all)and wash my floors, bathrooms regularly.

Is there anything I can do?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 6:51 pm
put coffee in a pot and boil it
light candles
my friend and her children and her house has a certain smell I think it it their fabric softner

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 6:52 pm
The best thing to do is figure out the source. It's coming from somewhere. Smell the garbage can when there's no bag in there. Smell the inside of the oven when it's cold and hasn't been used all day. Also the broiler or pull put oven drawer. Smell the fridge. Freezer. Put your head down and smell into the kitchen sink drains. The one in the bathroom. Open the toilet seat and get down for a really hard sniff. Get down on the floor and smell around the bowl and behind it. Check the cabinets under each sink for something that looks, feels or smells off. Smell the hamper when it's empty. Smell the coat closet (can get musty if damp outerwear is put away). The pots/pans or cabinets that house them. The washer/dryer. Etc.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 7:22 pm
What does it smell like?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry