Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cheese package says it's for lactose intolerant but has milk

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 6:56 pm
the package says its for lactose intolerant but it has two items listed with milk
it got me a little sick since I a cant have milk it is an imitation cheese how can it say lactose free it
contains milk?

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 7:05 pm
It means that it has added lactase to help someone who is lactose intolerant break down the lactose.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 7:08 pm
Lactose is the sugar in milk. Someone who is lactose intolerant cant digest the sugar. They can eat the cheese you bought since it doesn't contain lactose. The cheese still contains milk products, so someone who is allergic to milk cant eat it.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 7:11 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Lactose is the sugar in milk. Someone who is lactose intolerant cant digest the sugar. They can eat the cheese you bought since it doesn't contain lactose. The cheese still contains milk products, so someone who is allergic to milk cant eat it.

Sorry, realized I messed that up. The previous poster is correct. , it is ok for someone who is lactose intolerant, but not for someone with an allergy.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:05 pm
There are other causes of intolerance to milk besides lactose intolerance and allergies.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:08 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
There are other causes of intolerance to milk besides lactose intolerance and allergies.

What are they milk makes me sick

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:12 pm
Dvash recently came out with a heavily advertised A1 free milk. They claim that a significant of people who think they are lactose intolerant are actually A1 intolerant; I'm not sure whether that's true, but it may be worth looking into. Are you able to drink goat milk?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What are they milk makes me sick

You may be allergic to the proteins in milk. Were you ever tested? Lactose intolerant just means that you don't produce enough lactase to break down the lactose in milk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen