Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Not to make anyone feel bad...
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:25 pm
But Israelis are much better cooks than Americans. It's actually quite comical how these American "food influencers" get 10s of thousands of people to make their recipes, and when I compare it to the Israeli influencers, they don't come close to deliciousness ... Just putting this out there, no specific reason...

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:27 pm
Awesome, post some of your favorites names. Specifically and especially Morrocan food style. Please Very Happy

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:28 pm
What's an amazing Isreali farina recipe?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:34 pm
Please share some great Israeli influencers

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:25 pm
It's a matter of taste. I really don't like Israeli food.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
It's a matter of taste. I really don't like Israeli food.

This. It's what you're used to. I lived in EY for several years. I didn't find that Israelis cook better.

malki2

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:32 pm
Well the restaurants in Israel happen to be AMAZING.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:37 pm
malki2 wrote:
Well the restaurants in Israel happen to be AMAZING.

Yes they are. That’s a somewhat recent development. In my younger years the restaurants were mostly dreadful.

Zehava

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 10:14 pm
I hate Israeli food. Breakfast (that ubiquitous salad...) lunch (Ewww falafel) and dinner (spicy dry shawarma anyone?) and yes I know they do the shawarma for lunch.

tp3

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 10:17 pm
Israeli food to me is Oil and Osem (msg powder).
No thanks!

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 10:35 pm
I don't know about food influencers but when I go to Israel, I love the food. I was there for a week last year and had 5 shawarmas! And only one was dry. The produce is blessed. I can't believe some of these responses.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 10:37 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I don't know about food influencers but when I go to Israel, I love the food. I was there for a week last year and had 5 shawarmas! And only one was dry. The produce is blessed. I can't believe some of these responses.

Isreali vegetables taste like earth. And all chicken is so dry and tastes weird.
I do like the bakery stuff though.

TheNeutralOne

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 10:46 pm
It’s nice to see/say only good about Israel.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:41 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Isreali vegetables taste like earth. And all chicken is so dry and tastes weird.
I do like the bakery stuff though.

That's so interesting, I never noticed any difference in veggies but the fruit in Israel is amazing!!! I've never had such incredible sweet and perfect fruit out of Israel.

malki2

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:50 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
That's so interesting, I never noticed any difference in veggies but the fruit in Israel is amazing!!! I've never had such incredible sweet and perfect fruit out of Israel.

I’m sorry, but the Israeli tomatoes and cucumbers are definitely tastier than their American counterparts. Nothing to talk about.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:56 pm
Ok there’s a Halacha abut talking l”h about eretz yisrael. You need to be careful how you critique it. Let’s not say the produce is bad or whatever. (I learnt this in sem so maybe I was brainwashed? But maybe it’s true...)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:58 pm
Just wish I was in Israel.
It's beautiful and I hope everyone who lives there fully appreciates it. I wish I could move.
That's all

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:59 pm
I don't know anything about SoMe "influencers," but Israeli food is more than falafel and schwarma and cucumber tomato salad.

The Israeli culinary scene overall is pretty lively, and the Israeli kosher culinary scene is certainly more varied and lively that its American counterpart. Greater competition in the Israeli market drives restaraunteurs to be more innovative.

DrMom

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 3:03 am
Zehava wrote:
I hate Israeli food. Breakfast (that ubiquitous salad...) lunch (Ewww falafel) and dinner (spicy dry shawarma anyone?) and yes I know they do the shawarma for lunch.

That's kind of like a tourist coming to the US and saying, "American food is gross! McDonald's for lunch, pizza for dinner. Blech!" I'd say such a person is not exactly qualified to comment on cuisine.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 3:25 am
malki2 wrote:
I’m sorry, but the Israeli tomatoes and cucumbers are definitely tastier than their American counterparts. Nothing to talk about.

Israeli produce doesn't look the best but tastes amazing.
I'm always surprised when visiting the US how shiny and beautiful the produce looks but how bland and tasteless it actually is...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media