Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Have a question about donating clothing

applesbananas

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 6:55 am
So my daughters have beautiful coats this winter. I spent good money on them. Down, fur lined. White with black leather so they can wear both shabbos and weekday. My daughter whos approx a size 5/6 got a small tear it in leather at edge of the sleeve and she peeled it back. Underneath the material is black so its not so noticeable however it is damaged. Its a pity I would have loved for someone to get use out of these coats after us. Does the ripping mean I shouldnt donate it and I should just throw it out?

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:18 am
If it’s hardly noticeable then definitely donate it

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:25 am
You shouldn't donate it but instead try to find someone who wants it and will fix it. You can't donate damaged items but shouldn't throw out either.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:28 am
Try to have it mend and then donate it. Most donated items aren't in brand new condition.

applesbananas

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:33 am
If anyone wants it feel free to pm. Its a size 6. Im not ready to give up the other one yet as I think other dd can get another season out of it. This one shes outgrown..

https://www.hello-alyss.com/co.....daisy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics