Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Baby name mess
Previous  1  2

Chaya123

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 11:53 am
I personally don't go for the idea of giving multiple names to make multiple ppl happy. You choose which person to name after and if sounds good, then go for it. I also had option to name after 2 diff grandmothers last time around and we named after the one we were closer with and iyh hope to have opportunities to name after the other one in the future. It says the parents have ruach hakodesh with names for a reason. Do what your heart tells you is right.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 11:53 am
For me it would matter if the name was just uncommon or a name that is more tease worthy. And if you can make a good nickname out of it.

For example I am a mainstream lakewood mother... I would name after my relative Hindy but not my relative Yachna.

If possible I wouldn’t name after two people together. There are many rabbanim that hold it doesn’t count.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 12:48 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Very interesting, thanks for sharing! The source of all these yiddish names was exactly like that in reverse Laugh it's like going back to the roots.

Not exactly. Many sources of female Yiddish names is the vernacular turned Jewish
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names