Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do u really love your husband

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:41 am
Delete

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:43 am
Um ok. That sounds a bit intense but yes I do love my husband very much

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:44 am
Wow! You sound like an adorable Young newlywed. Enjoy!
May bracha to you is that you should still feel this way in 50 years.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:46 am
Oh God, this is weird. You sound like a teen.
Yes, I love DH dearly. But we can bare to be apart without going crazy, like most normal adults.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:52 am
That sounds like infatuation.

I love DH and care about him. I missed him very much when I was away for a week in E"Y. But I'm fine with each of us doing our daily routine (though it's nice that he calls me at some point each morning to check in).

What's the point of this thread, really? Are we going to grade how much we love our DH's based on some arbitrary feelings that work for some people?

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:08 am
Some times I feel that this forum isnt really for mature women

Its a pajama party for 14 year olds LOL

malki2

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:19 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

What- you don’t think it’s normal to have a forum about 6-hour er@ctions?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:22 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

Seriously, I feel at least 10 years older that almost everyone else. I am always surprised by the polls with people's ages. When I read threads, I often feel like everyone is under 30, possibly even under 26 and more likely between the ages of 21-24, married less than 3 years.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:23 am
Shucks I didnt get to see the post
But yes I love my husband veyr much that when he was away for a few days I couldnt handle it I just missed him too much

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:26 am
I love my husband was away for a week for a shiva and did not miss him

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Shucks I didnt get to see the post
But yes I love my husband veyr much that when he was away for a few days I couldnt handle it I just missed him too much

Same. Married 12 years

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:57 am
Of course! But posts on imamother keep on indicating that things he does should force him into the doghouse. LOL Oh well! Glad he only has to please me and not everyone else.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 11:05 am
I missed the original post but I do want to say that someone once told me and it's so true:
When you get married, you don't love your husband yet. You don't know what love is. You like him. You like him a lot. Otherwise why would you have married him. Once you have been married a while, then you can honestly say you love him.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 3:08 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I missed the original post but I do want to say that someone once told me and it's so true:
When you get married, you don't love your husband yet. You don't know what love is. You like him. You like him a lot. Otherwise why would you have married him. Once you have been married a while, then you can honestly say you love him.

I once heard there are two types of love. The intense burning attracting love like most newly weds have. They’re attracted and excited and love their new husband “on the surface”.
After a few years of marriage there’s a deep real love. The kind of love that you get from giving and taking and being in a relationship going through life together. It’s a different kind of love and much more real.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 4:54 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Um ok. That sounds a bit intense but yes I do love my husband very much

What did OP say?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 12:46 pm
If anyone wants really honest answers, then there should be a poll, with a spectrum of options, everything from "Madly in love" to "One foot out the door and calling my lawyer."

Now that would be interesting to see the percentages.

lilly_de

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 3:14 pm
I love my DH, I care for him and miss his presence when he is away. But I also fine when I am alone at home.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 7:47 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
If anyone wants really honest answers, then there should be a poll, with a spectrum of options, everything from "Madly in love" to "One foot out the door and calling my lawyer."

Now that would be interesting to see the percentages.

Set it up. I would also love to see the results,

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 9:32 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
I once heard there are two types of love. The intense burning attracting love like most newly weds have. They’re attracted and excited and love their new husband “on the surface”.
After a few years of marriage there’s a deep real love. The kind of love that you get from giving and taking and being in a relationship going through life together. It’s a different kind of love and much more real.

I"m in my 40s and I'm just now starting to have that intense burning attracting love for my husband. I got pregnant almost right away and spent the next 20 years of my marriage pregnant or nursing. I did not realize how much those hormones influence your attraction and desire for your husband. Now that I"m past that phase I feel intense longing and craving for my husband all the time. Maybe everything they tell you about niddah really is true and it really does help keep a marriage fresh. (For the first 20 years I was in niddah very seldom due to pregnancy and nursing. I nurse for a long time and nurse clean B"H.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics