Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Lunch ideas please for 5th and 8th grade boys

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:06 am
Every healthy lunch I send comes back uneaten if I'm lucky. If not, I find it at the bottom of a school bag at the end of the week. Ugh.

Please send me healthy lunch ideas. Bonus points for anything that a pre-schooler would eat too.

Only limitations are that the school is tree nut and peanut free.

honeymoon

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:14 am
Greek yogurt with granola, cut up fruit, crackers with egg or tuna salad, healthy breakfast muffin, veggie or fruit salad, cut up veggies with dipping sauce, whole wheat bread with sliced cheese, instant oatmeal packet (if they have access to hot water in school)...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:38 am
Ask them what they like. There must be lunches that they see their peers eating that they would like to have.

agreer

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:55 am
Would they eat cold supper leftovers? I would eat chicken and rice at room temp but I don't know if your kids would. (My 2.5 year old definitely would!)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:25 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Greek yogurt with granola, cut up fruit, crackers with egg or tuna salad, healthy breakfast muffin, veggie or fruit salad, cut up veggies with dipping sauce, whole wheat bread with sliced cheese, instant oatmeal packet (if they have access to hot water in school)...

No hot water at school, though I could send a thermos. Veggies and fruit salad are good for snacks but that won't sustain them for 8+ hours that they are out of the house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking