Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Best expenses tracking app

Rosemarie

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:42 am
I'm looking for an app to track all my expenses to see exactly how much I spend in a month/year and it what categories. I looked at mint but it seems to just take the info from the bank statement and credit card. I had a few issues with it. For one, it didn't let me edit categories to things I wanted, only to preset categories. Then I wanted to delete some transactions because they were not mine, like if I was out with someone and she used my credit card but right away paid me back... Another thing I can't figure out, if I withdraw money from the bank, for random things during the month, how does that get categorized? I want to rather not have that on the tracking app, but rather as I spend that money during the month, mark down each expenditure separately. That way I know how much of that is cleaning help, how much is food, clothing, school supplies... not just that I took out money from the bank for petty cash.

So basically I'm looking for an app that allows more flexibility, or is more manual and doesn't take Every thing from the bank or credit card. Or something like that.

Any idea? Or am I stuck just putting it all into an excel spreadsheet manually?

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 11:05 am
Bump

Nobody uses apps for this?

healthymom1

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 11:07 am
Spending tracker

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:04 pm
I did some research for myself and found something called NumReceipt. I just downloaded it so I can't tell you my experience with it yet. It's for a slightly diff purpose though-I wanted to be able to track expenses using receipts without having to file them. Here, you take a picture of the receipt and it uploads it for you, and then generates a graph based on category. Hope it lives up to my expectations Wink

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:10 pm
YNAB

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:23 pm
That costs money though...but I heard it's supposed to really help you budget. Basically it assigns each dollar a "job" so there's no guesswork involved. Abukai is supposed to be good too, but again more for my purposes than actual budgeting. Hatzlacha!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:45 pm
YNAB is excellent and worth every penny. It sounds exactly like what you’re looking for. You will easily save as much as it costs. There is a steep learning curve but it’s an excellent method. You assign money “jobs” as it comes in. Check out their website, there is a lot of support on it.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:54 pm
I love the Every Dollar app from Dave Ramsey

ellacoe

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 2:57 pm
Have a look at Oikon.

GrowingUp

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I love the Every Dollar app from Dave Ramsey

Another vote for this. Basic app is free but there are upgrades you can pay for.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:11 pm
Every dollar from dave Ramsey. You pay like $140 a year and they link your bank account so you dont even need to enter the expenses comes in automatically. It's fantastic!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics