Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Birthday Party Schedule

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 11:04 am
Please help me plan a loose schedule for my 1st grade daughter’s birthday party!

Here are the components - how should I order them?

Duration: 2 hours in the afternoon

Activities: modeling clay craft, party games, food, cake, free play, outdoor games.

Thanks for your input!

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 11:28 am
Awesome! I've done this 5 times and do a Sunday fun day round Robin for each of my girls once a year in my house. I'd do free play in thebackyard a few minutes for stragglers to get there, the craft that needs to dry before it goes home next,
food outside during outdoor games, settle for party game and cake, one more party game or outdoor free play until pickup time. By then craft is dry and packed for home.
Schedule each activity in 15-20 minute blocks so you have your schedule. Kids who aren't interested can snack or chat at the side but there's something new in a few minutes so they won't get into trouble..
In 2 hours, you need 6-8 activity blocks. Keep one party game as an extra if necessary. Get one or two helpers, an 11 year old can be enough.
Do the craft yourself first to see what should be set up in advance and how much time it will take, and an easy way to label with each kids name and pack for sending home. The key is the craft should be not take too much prep at the table with the kids to keep interest. Dont walk around doing it for each kid, pre-cut the stuff, prep the glue in small bowls, each kids gets all craft items for their project in a plastic bag or set before they get there, etc.
Dont forget pics!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 11:33 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Awesome! I've done this 5 times and do a Sunday fun day round Robin for each of my girls once a year in my house. I'd do free play in thebackyard a few minutes for stragglers to get there, the craft that needs to dry before it goes home next,
food outside during outdoor games, settle for party game and cake, one more party game or outdoor free play until pickup time. By then craft is dry and packed for home.
Schedule each activity in 15-20 minute blocks so you have your schedule. Kids who aren't interested can snack or chat at the side but there's something new in a few minutes so they won't get into trouble..
In 2 hours, you need 6-8 activity blocks. Keep one party game as an extra if necessary. Get one or two helpers, an 11 year old can be enough.
Do the craft yourself first to see what should be set up in advance and how much time it will take, and an easy way to label with each kids name and pack for sending home. The key is the craft should be not take too much prep at the table with the kids to keep interest. Dont walk around doing it for each kid, pre-cut the stuff, prep the glue in small bowls, each kids gets all craft items for their project in a plastic bag or set before they get there, etc.
Dont forget pics!

Thanks, this is awesome advice!

Do you give prizes for the games? How big are they?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 5:28 pm
Games like musical chairs can have a prize, a cool thing the girls want, like stuffy pillows on sale 50% off after valentines day in the local pharmacy or five below for 5 bucks. Pass the gift around should have a small tchotchke thing every other layer or so and a small but a good gift or craft diy thing in the middle, $10. 6 prizes plus one big one in this is fine.

Other games like telephone or outdoor games dont really need a prize. You could do a set of kugaluch or chinese jump rope if you want to spend.
Ices are great prizes for all.
I try to keep my cost to $100, but that's not really low.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Games like musical chairs can have a prize, a cool thing the girls want, like stuffy pillows on sale 50% off after valentines day in the local pharmacy or five below for 5 bucks. Pass the gift around should have a small tchotchke thing every other layer or so and a small but a good gift or craft diy thing in the middle, $10. 6 prizes plus one big one in this is fine.

Other games like telephone or outdoor games dont really need a prize. You could do a set of kugaluch or chinese jump rope if you want to spend.
Ices are great prizes for all.
I try to keep my cost to $100, but that's not really low.

Thanks - I’m also trying to keep it to $100... probably will run over though!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children