Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Un-tzniusdik Facebook pics--should I delete?
Previous  1  2

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 5:43 pm
andrea levy wrote:
You missed the point. The mashgiach emphasized that I should not be ashamed for saying where I came from. That I used to eat they’d. And now I am a trusted mashgiach. He thought it was awesome. So, I personally feel that it’s really up to OP but he also referenced something in the Gemara that said the same thing. So, maybe op should ask her LOR.

I think you’re missing the point. You are talking about having done something in the past. She’s displaying untzniusdik photos now. I agree that she doesn’t have to be ashamed to talk about her past. I agree that she can absolutely feel proud of how far she has come. But continuing to display untzniusdik pictures is something she is doing now (even if the photos were taken in the past).

nchr

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 6:28 pm
Do you really think there is a problem with her having a family photo if she is wearing a tank top at age 10? I'm chassidish and I dont understand what the issue is. I know that BTs didnt keep the laws of tznius as children..

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 6:41 pm
I became frum in my late 20's. I never posted too much on Facebook, but I've been tagged in others' pictures over the years. I haven't done anything to delete my pictures or untag myself, and I don't plan to. I think most of them are pretty tame anyway. If I had thousands of thong bikini selfies online, I'd probably feel differently.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics