Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Do you love your OOT community? Tell me about it!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 3:49 pm
tryinghard wrote:
Me too, but OP wants a non-Chofetz Chaim Yeshiva

I thought she said not Lakewood? Did I miss something?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 3:50 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Houston, TX, if you don't mind being that far away from the east coast Smile
-Wonderful preschool and elementary school. Girls high school is good, about 30 girls. The community is growing from the bottom up, meaning people move in with small children, so the infrastructure is the same. I'd imagine that in 5 years the girls high school will be bigger.
Just started a boys yeshivah this year with 4 boys, I don't know so much about it, not applicable to me yet, but sounds like people are happy with it. Don't know the type.
-Stable shul, wonderful rav and rebbetzin, just did renovations due to community's growth and it's big and beautiful
-Amazing affordable housing (it's Texas, everything is big)
-If you'd want jobs in the elementary school as morah and rebbi, the school would be thrilled to have you!

I don't at all mind being that far from the east coast (neither me or DH are from there, our families live MUCH closer to Houston than to NY), but I'm kind of scared of the hurricane situation!

I did hear Rabbi Garfield speak once and was SUPER impressed. Would love to work for him...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 3:53 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I love in Cleveland Heights. I want to respond to this post and some others, probably from other amothers.

Re. Chinuch. The schools do not need so many more rebbeim. The growth is at a rate of about one rebbi per year (splitting a grade). They are very very selective of who they hire as a rebbi, bH! But that means that several kollelmen might sub and give model lessons, etc. And one hired.

Re. Morahs, they are a dime a dozen.

What the schools desperately need are chol teachers with minimum of bachelor degree who will work in the afternoon.

The schools are growing by leaps and bounds, but that will stop soon. I don't know about HAC 'S plan, and maybe they can expand more because they bought tons of land and Can build, but YDT'S new building doesn't have room for

Thanks for clarifying. Definitely don't love the idea of 20+ kids per class being average.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't at all mind being that far from the east coast (neither me or DH are from there, our families live MUCH closer to Houston than to NY), but I'm kind of scared of the hurricane situation!

I hear you about the hurricane situation... I will say that the main frum community here doesn't get it as bad as other areas 10-30 minutes away, but of course there are no guarantees.

DallasIma

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 7:55 pm
Well, you can see from my screen name where I live. This community is awesome!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:03 pm
Pittsburgh. always looking for teachers. boys yeshiva doesnt exist and the school is a day school but has a decent kollel contingent that would be the right "type" and school accomodates, for the most part. if interested, I will find a way for u to contact me.Let me know

aliavi

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:14 pm
doctorima wrote:
I'd suggest looking into Houston, Phoenix, and Denver. All are established OOT communities with the religious level and mix you're looking for, as well as affordable housing options within your budget. There are schooling options for both boys and girls from K-12 that are not CC (I would have included Dallas, but their boys high school is CC). No community will be perfect, but if you can find positions for you and DH in one of these places, I'd definitely go to check it out and try to make it work.

Denver housing is not affordable. Houston may appeal to OP.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:30 pm
How about Baltimore. There are a few different boys and girls schools to choose from. Bais yaakov and bnos for girls are the two main ones. And TA and TI, which is a cheder style, are the 2 main boys schools. There are also yeshivish and different style boys high schools. If I'm not mistaken, 1 or 2 more small yeshivos opened up, so there may be a need for a rebbe there or in one of the schools. Housing is below 4 k, unless you go to the newer houses. There are many great rabbanim and shuls you can base your housing location on.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
They is a need for babysitters, especially afternoon, in CH, but not playgroup, IMO
I don't know about UH

I have been looking for an afternoon babysitter with less than 8 kids per morah for my baby and am not finding anyone in Cleveland Heights . The 3 people who I have called all take a ton of kids . I would love to find someone who would take 2-4 babies in Cleveland Heights and I know many others who are also looking for child care .

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 9:01 pm
I second everything about Cincinnati.

It sounds like what you are looking for. However, the boys yeshivah is hard to describe since it hasn't opened yet and you need to contact the school (or yeshivah) to see if there are jobs for you.

Great yeshivish oot feel, shul, Rav. Houses are 200-350k.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 9:11 pm
I live in Houston and unfortunately the housing is not nearly as affordable as it once was. Anything more than 3 bedrooms is selling for close to 300-400k now and these are for old homes. The newer homes are closer to 600k
You can move further out and still get something cheaper, but the brutal heat half the year makes it very hard to live too far from the main streets of the community.

Morahs are in high demand, I don't know about rebbe jobs

baltomom

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:36 am
Baltimore! Excellent schools (elementary, girls HS, and boys yeshivos), a variety of wonderful non-political shuls with wonderful Rabbanim, a spirit of achdus in the community overall, and affordable housing options under $4K (although some are higher as well).

I don't know about job openings for Rebbeim and Morahs, but I would assume there are Morah opportunities and perhaps Rebbi openings in some of the newer smaller yeshivos.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I second everything about Cincinnati.

It sounds like what you are looking for. However, the boys yeshivah is hard to describe since it hasn't opened yet and you need to contact the school (or yeshivah) to see if there are jobs for you.

Great yeshivish oot feel, shul, Rav. Houses are 200-350k.

Unfortunately though, it is very hard to find housing in Cincinnati. Big shortage!

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:59 am
You should definitely consider Waterbury.

amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are looking to move to an OOT community with:
-great elementary school, girls' HS and if possible boys' yeshiva (for serious learning type boys)

There's an established elementary school, terrific BY girls' school, and Yesodei in Naugatuck (a couple of exits away). It is for serious learning boys, and currently goes up to 11th grade. There's a kollel attached to the Naugatuck yeshiva, and it's building a community of its own.

-stable, low-politics shul with Rav & Rebbetzin whom people respect

Choice of places to daven.

-affordable housing (under 400k)

You'd better believe it. An expensive house here goes for 400k.[/color]

We are a morah and rebbe with 5+ years of experience, so would need to be somewhere with job openings for us. Fine with a mix of students, but the hashkafa of the school should be OOT yeshivish (not Lakewood yeshivish).

The elementary school will need to hire at least two new rebbeim next year. Morahs with experience are always in demand.

Do you live in a place like this? Tell me about it!

[color=Font Color] [/color][color=Font Color] [/color]

EPL

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Cleveland!

I just spent a Shabbos in Cleveland, and it is everything you're looking for. They even have a stipend of $4500/child towards tuition. However, this may be changed soon.

applesbananas

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 11:25 am
Ill be the 3rd one to say Baltimore (dont like there but have a lot of family)

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 11:56 am
Quote:
I have been looking for an afternoon babysitter with less than 8 kids per morah for my baby and am not finding anyone in Cleveland Heights . The 3 people who I have called all take a ton of kids . I would love to find someone who would take 2-4 babies in Cleveland Heights and I know many others who are also looking for child care .

I'm also in CH and it's not realistic for someone to take only 2-4 babies unless people are paying her significantly more than the going rate. Otherwise how is it worth it financially?

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 11:59 am
I am in Chicago. It sounds like exactly what you are looking for. Our schools are growing like leaps and bounds. Its a really nice community that has something for every hashkofa.

shaimac1

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:46 pm
We are looking to move to an OOT community with:
What about South Bend, Indiana?
-great elementary school, girls' HS and if possible boys' yeshiva (for serious learning type boys) We have all of that! Torah Day School, Bais Yaakov girls high school, and the Yeshiva Gedola of South Bend is the type of Yeshiva you are looking for.
-stable, low-politics shul with Rav & Rebbetzin whom people respect
B"H we have one main shul and one kiruv shul and blee ayin Hara the Rav of the main shul is the community Rav
-affordable housing (under 400k)
Yes for sure! B"H housing is super affordable and property taxes are low! Our friends just bought an updated 3 bed 2.5 bath home centrally located for under 225k

We are a morah and rebbe with 5+ years of experience, so would need to be somewhere with job openings for us. Fine with a mix of students, but the hashkafa of the school should be OOT yeshivish (not Lakewood yeshivish).

Not sure if we have any openings...but feel free to PM me and I can get you in touch with those that know!

We also have state tuition vouchers which allow families to get FREE tuition even if you don't work in the school.....( Income and family size depends)

Do you live in a place like this? Tell me about it![/quote]

imabima

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 1:12 pm
Waterbury...Yeshiva Ktana is always expanding BH and looking for new Rebbes and Morahs.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating