Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How much am I worth?

dbw

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:35 am
I live in Israel and work from home for a non profit org. They were never doing too well and are still on a tight budget. I have over 25 years experience. The work I do pays between $30-$50 per hour in the US. I am getting $15 per hour. Is this normal for a wah upper level admin job in Israel (I don't get a telush)?

abound

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:45 am
no! Get a tlush!!! The only reason they can get away with it is because people are willing to work for so little. The charedi sector pays much much less than any other place.......

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:01 am
You are always going to get paid less if you work from home and for American companies . They outsource to Israel so they can get people for cheaper . You can probably get double if you switch to an Israeli business and work in person for a salary . Location also makes a difference .
Places like citibooks start people off at 23 his an hour so it's not unusual for management to be making 40 his.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:02 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
You are always going to get paid less if you work from home and for American companies . They outsource to Israel so they can get people for cheaper . You can probably get double if you switch to an Israeli business and work in person for a salary . Location also makes a difference .
Places like citibooks start people off at 23 his an hour so it's not unusual for management to be making 40 his.

I've heard the exact opposite of what you're saying! My neighbor's daughter had a job here in the u.s, got married and kept her job in israel.
She's working American hours from home and her mother told me that's the only way they could afford to stay in israel!

ora_43

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:17 pm
For work from home + non-profit it's probably pretty normal. Non-profits never pay well.

If you speak/read/write Hebrew and can work in an office, then you could probably earn more like $20-$25 per hour.

ora_43

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:19 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I've heard the exact opposite of what you're saying! My neighbor's daughter had a job here in the u.s, got married and kept her job in israel.
She's working American hours from home and her mother told me that's the only way they could afford to stay in israel!

There's a difference between a job that happens to be in America, and an American job outsourced to Israel. The first pays an American salary; the second was outsourced specifically so that they won't have to pay an American salary.

(Also, if it's the only way she can stay in Israel, that probably has more to do with her specific skill set (eg less than fluent Hebrew) than with the Israeli job market. American jobs do pay better, but plenty of Israeli jobs pay a living wage.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers