Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
What do you feed your dog on Pesach?

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 6:13 pm
Just wondering what people feed their furry members of the family on Pesach? We feed Benji kibble at the moment. If we need to change his food when would you start to avoid a sore tummy?

Picture of Benji because hes so cute and adorable, lol!!!!

Elfrida

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 6:23 pm
In Israel you can buy kosher for Pesach cat food and dog food. I switch my cats any time after Rosh Chodesh. When they finish the old bag of food I clean all the area where I normally feed them and give them new plates, and then start them on the Pesach food. That way I know that if any bits if food get scattered, I don't have to worry about them being chametz.

They get new plates again for Pesach.

They don't particularly like their Pesach food, and normally spend a day or two sulking and refusing to eat before they get hungry and give in. I tend to supplement it with table scraps to make it more palatable. I've never seen evidence of any physical reaction to the change in diet.

The food contains kitniyot, but no chametz. Benefitting from kitniyot is allowed, so using the food is not a problem.

small bean

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 6:47 pm
I don't have a dog but we change our animals to kitnoyot diets about 2 days before pesach.

My kids love your dog. They think he's adorable.

shmosmom

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 6:48 pm
Awww I don't have an answer to your question but your dog is adorable ♡♡♡♡
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets