Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Hs suspended 22 girls for tiktok.-spin-off -the facts

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 2:56 pm
I read the other thread and it made my blood boil. I work in that school and was involved in each and every girl’s story and it is NOT what happened!!!!
For starters it was a total of 11 girls. Plus one more who was expelled.
Each girl’s parents were called to a meeting with the principal. Once the parents were spoken to, the kid was called in and suspended. When the second or third parent came in, the principal realized that the mother was instructing the girls to be dishonest. So she had no choice but to quickly speak to each girl BEFORE the parents guide them what to say.
The girls in this school have a technology program in place where they have open discussions on these topics. Aside from that, the school PAID to filter every single girls phone in the beginning of the year. So these girls who are tiktoking have either another phone or a different ‏device. Again, the parents are feeding these girls technology, and honesty means nothing to them. In addition the dean of the school sent out a specific letter regarding tiktok and therefore The girls well deserved the suspension.
There are 3 other all girls schools in the area. Any parent that has an issue with the schools policy, is welcomed to leave. This is a free country. No one is forcing you to stay!

Good day everyone.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 3:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I read the other thread and it made my blood boil. I work in that school and was involved in each and every girl’s story and it is NOT what happened!!!!
For starters it was a total of 11 girls. Plus one more who was expelled.
Each girl’s parents were called to a meeting with the principal. Once the parents were spoken to, the kid was called in and suspended. When the second or third parent came in, the principal realized that the mother was instructing the girls to be dishonest. So she had no choice but to quickly speak to each girl BEFORE the parents guide them what to say.
The girls in this school have a technology program in place where they have open discussions on these topics. Aside from that, the school PAID to filter every single girls phone in the beginning of the year. So these girls who are tiktoking have either another phone or a different ‏device. Again, the parents are feeding these girls technology, and honesty means nothing to them. In addition the dean of the school sent out a specific letter regarding tiktok and therefore The girls well deserved the suspension.
There are 3 other all girls schools in the area. Any parent that has an issue with the schools policy, is welcomed to leave. This is a free country. No one is forcing you to stay!

Good day everyone.

❤️

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 3:04 pm
This would never happen in Lakewood. TMI

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 3:11 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Which part? And what does Lakewood have to do with anything?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 3:13 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Non-sequitur...?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 3:19 pm
Thank you for clarifying. I believe your post answers all questions about school rules and parents responsibilities in all schools.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:29 pm
OMG.

That's all I can say.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:35 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Why?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:42 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

This would never happen in the Bronx too.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:45 pm
OP, what do you mean the mothers were instructing the girls to be dishonest? To say they don't have tiktok?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:48 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
This would never happen in the Bronx too.

Why?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:52 pm
My opinion will be very unpopular here on Imamother.

I have no idea what school you’re referencing, but Imo these BY schools who attempt to “crack down” and enforce such rules are fighting a losing battle.

When my daughter begs for iPods, iPads etc and I try to explain why I don’t want her to own one, her retort is that even “principal x’s” daughter owns these items.

Imo these rules are ineffective and these issues need to be left up to the parents to handle.
Nothing will change.
The teens will get more adept at concealing their social media accounts.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:55 pm
Why was only 1 girl expelled?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:55 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
My opinion will be very unpopular here on Imamother.

I have no idea what school you’re referencing, but Imo these BY schools who attempt to “crack down” and enforce such rules are fighting a losing battle.

When my daughter begs for iPods, iPads etc and I try to explain why I don’t want her to own one, her retort is that even “principal x’s” daughter owns these items.

Imo these rules are ineffective and these issues need to be left up to the parents to handle.
Nothing will change.
The teens will get more adept at concealing their social media accounts.

Yes, if exceptions are made and rules are not enforced, and the parents are not on the same page, then the rules are silly. This school seems to be handling the situation appropriately though. They made a rule, and they are enforcing it. Kudos to them.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
OP, what do you mean the mothers were instructing the girls to be dishonest? To say they don't have tiktok?

This also gave me pause. 3 girls in the same school with the same mother? How would one mother be instructing all of the girls? Especially directly without the other mothers knowing. This doesn’t make sense.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics