Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moved from the city to a suburb

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:03 am
I moved a year ago away from Brooklyn to a small town out of state. My husband lived in brooklyn for a couple of months but he was miserable and I figured I adjust allot easier and it's a nice place. It's been a year and I havent met anyone that is at the same stage of life as me, so I dont know anyone besides the people I work with and his family. It's getting too much, I'm a people person and it's making me depressed. I am not motivated to do much these days, and it worries me. Any advise on how to approach this.
Thanks.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:07 am
If you post your location maybe posters in your area can suggest ways to connect to more people in the community.

Also, I imagine it’s a big adjustment to go from a huge city to a small OOT community especially if you’ve never lived OOT. It takes time to fully get used to a change like that.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:09 am
Do you go to shul? Can you? Great way to meet is to get involved with shul kiddish socializing and community services/projects.
Can you invite people for seudas?
Likewise at the schools your kids presumably attend. Meet people while working/volunteering together.
Can you start a shabbos afternoon tehilim group? Or at a different time?
Can you speak with the rebbetzin to get some help in this direction?
Other frum groups you could join for anything like exercise or book group...
sounds tough -
hugs and hatzlocha

sunnys

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:10 am
Maybe try joining a local gym? It’s an opportunity to meet people and endorphins from working out can motivate you. Good luck! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating