Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Getting advice from parents very often

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:00 am
This is one of those "am I the only one who.... kind of posts:

I ask my parents for their advice on many of my major financial decisions. I don't know so much about finances (though I am learning) and because of my father's education and his job he understand quite a lot about finances and making good choices. He sometimes goes with my husband to meet with our accountant and he's gone with me to the bank to speak about investment accounts and he's even gone with me to the insurance agent to figure out best options there. Just curious if anyone else has their parents help them out so much in these ways. He's teaching us along the way so I don't feel like he's doing everything for us or that we could never make good choices on our own but I just feel like he's such a good resource in these areas! (He only ever offers- never insists on coming and my husband and I are both appreciative). Just curious if anyone else has their parents come along with them to these kinds of meetings? I'm already in my mid 30s. I feel silly having him come considering I'm so old but really it's so helpful!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is one of those "am I the only one who.... kind of posts:

I ask my parents for their advice on many of my major financial decisions. I don't know so much about finances (though I am learning) and because of my father's education and his job he understand quite a lot about finances and making good choices. He sometimes goes with my husband to meet with our accountant and he's gone with me to the bank to speak about investment accounts and he's even gone with me to the insurance agent to figure out best options there. Just curious if anyone else has their parents help them out so much in these ways. He's teaching us along the way so I don't feel like he's doing everything for us or that we could never make good choices on our own but I just feel like he's such a good resource in these areas! (He only ever offers- never insists on coming and my husband and I are both appreciative). Just curious if anyone else has their parents come along with them to these kinds of meetings? I'm already in my mid 30s. I feel silly having him come considering I'm so old but really it's so helpful!

I rely on my father often too. Not for financial decisions but other things he is good at. Just because growing up he always took care of these things. Maybe it's silly, I'm almost 40.

imasinger

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:07 am
If he's helpful, and you appreciate it, who cares what anyone else does?

You're blessed. Enjoy it.

r1

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:17 am
Consider it a free financial counselor, ppl pay loads for that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics