Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Looking for comfortable dressy high heels

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:16 am
Anyone have any recommendations? I love wearing heels to weddings but the heels I have are so uncomfortable that by the end of the night, my feet are in quite a bit of pain. Any helpful tips or links?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:23 am
I'm having a hard time putting "comfortable" and "high heels" in the same sentence.

How high are you talking? How tall are you?

I find that platform shoes have less of a "rise" in the arch, so are more comfortable than when the ball of your foot is flat on the ground. You still get the look of a high heel, but with less strain on your feet.

Zappos has free returns, so you could order a few different pairs and see which ones are more comfortable.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:30 am
Comfortable heels are an oxymoron.
I wear 3" round toed pumps.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:44 am
I have a pair of black Clarks with nice high heals. They aren't fancy but they aren't ugly either. They're unnoticeable really - just blend in. But I still get my extra height I need so I'm happy with them. Nothing beats Clarks for comfort. I can stand and dance in them several hours before I've had enough.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:18 am
How high? What shape heel appeals to you?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:20 am
I have some very comfortable heels. I find it depends on the incline of the particular arch. I have shoes, the same height, same brand, and some are comfortable and some are not.
I usually do better with an ankle strap or some sort which prevents my feet from sliding forward.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics