Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fashionistas, Advice please...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:39 am
What to wear with navy circle skirt that comes about two inches below knees...navy tights and shoes? Or is that too matchy matchy with navy? Should I match my top (like grey sweater, grey tights...) or go with black tights and shoes? Are there rules? Help the clueless! And please no response like wear what you like, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have asked...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:59 am
Navy tights but try to bring color in with your shoes either matching with top or coordinating with the whole look.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:29 am
ra_mom wrote:
Navy tights but try to bring color in with your shoes either matching with top or coordinating with the whole look.

Ty, can you give me ideas what color shoes go with navy tights...can I wear black?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty, can you give me ideas what color shoes go with navy tights...can I wear black?

Gray, red, turquoise, mustard (or a print with combination of coordinating colors)... depending on what you're wearing the navy skirt with.

cuffs

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:33 am
I personally would wear black tights and something else navy.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What to wear with navy circle skirt that comes about two inches below knees...navy tights and shoes? Or is that too matchy matchy with navy? Should I match my top (like grey sweater, grey tights...) or go with black tights and shoes? Are there rules? Help the clueless! And please no response like wear what you like, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have asked...

I don't remember the last time I saw a women wearing navy tights. I'd wear black tights and any color shoes. Burgundy might look nice.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:43 am
cuffs wrote:
I personally would wear black tights and something else navy.

Like navy in the top, and then black tights and black shoes?

So, for example, I have a lavender sweater with a gold and navy design - I should wear that, a navy skirt, and black tights and shoes?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So, for example, I have a lavender sweater with a gold and navy design - I should wear that, a navy skirt, and black tights and shoes?

Yes.
Or a different dark solid color shoes.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I don't remember the last time I saw a women wearing navy tights. I'd wear black tights and any color shoes. Burgundy might look nice.

Neither do I, which is why I'm asking...but if my top has no black in it, I just feel like is it weird to wear black tights with navy and other colors?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Neither do I, which is why I'm asking...but if my top has no black in it, I just feel like is it weird to wear black tights with navy and other colors?

Black tights goes with everything.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Yes.

Ok, thank you, really appreciate the advice

cuffs

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Totally.
I haven't seen navy tights in years. Could be I'm not in touch with fashion lol but I only wear black tights. Used to wear grey but stopped that also.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:47 am
Don't wear black. Wear heather tights if you want with navy shoes.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:48 am
Oish this is why I feel like I can't pull off navy.
My SIL that is very fasion forward does wear navy dresses, she pairs it with navy tights and burgundy shoes.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:49 am
ra_mom wrote:
Don't wear black. Wear heather tights if you want with navy shoes.

Grey tights is also very out.
Most women wear black to every.
OP, after pesach you can wear nude to this outfit.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:11 am
Winter:
Black tights with everything (opaque for Both Shabbos and weekday).

Summer:
Nude stockings with everything, Shabbos and weekday.

Signed, someone who doesn’t always follow the rules but knows what they are. Smile

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Grey tights is also very out.
Most women wear black to every.
OP, after pesach you can wear nude to this outfit.

Who said grey?
Dd has a beautiful navy dress. She wears it with heather navy tights and burgundy velvet shoes.

MiriFr

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:21 pm
Depends on the shirt, but I would 9/10 recommend black tights. Navy tights aren't in anymore, and grey is making its way out.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Who said grey?
Dd has a beautiful navy dress. She wears it with heather navy tights and burgundy velvet shoes.

I think for girls under 14 the rules are a bit different....they can wear grey and navy, etc...

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:31 pm
I would do sheer/nude hose and nude or colored shoes/boots.
Typically I don't do a navy skirt because I don't like it with black tights unless I am wearing a black top or a navy top.
I have seen navy tights, and I would wear that (then with burgundy shoes) but they are hard to find. I feel like matching the color elongates the leg which is always flattering.

I am considered well, but not overly high end / impeccably dresses, but I am old so I don't know that my opinion counts.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics