Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Help us choose between Bugaboo and Uppa Baby!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:40 am
My daughter had a baby a month ago and she is ready to go back home in Lakewood. (I live in Brooklyn).
Now it’s time to buy the carriage.
My daughter would love to take walks but in general she’ll also be in and out of the car.
We went to the Store that sells carriages and now we have to decide....
Uppa Baby
Bugaboo Fox
Bugaboo Bee
Who can help us with recommendations?
The Bugaboos are 20% reduced now btw...

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:45 am
I do not like the fox- it feels heavy and it’s a harder push. (I have the chameleon and I love it- it’s great for israel! .) The uppababy Cruz is really good!

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:45 am
Doona for a carseat and then stroller can be heavy
Uppababy for the stroller
I was never a bugaboo fan though
Also I buy my strollers secondhand, no reason not to. I started with cruz and finally over 2 years later switched to vista

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:46 am
I can only tell u what I have and my experience. Im very very happy with my bugaboo bee. I dont find it to be annoying to have around the house because its small enough. When im in the kitchen cooking I put my baby in the bassinet and rock him back and forth. Its compact enough to fit into the trunk of the car easily so she wont need a car stroller (most people with big strollers in lkwd own an additional car stroller) the bassinet it great and very roomy. I live in a development I take it out every shabbos on walks etc. The only chisaron to me is when a heavier child is in it it can be a little bit hard to push. I have a 30 lb 3 yr old, when I take her out and the side walk or pavement is uneven it can get stuck. That wouldnt happen with a stroller with bigger wheels...

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:46 am
The bugaboo bee folds the smallest, so if she's not getting a separate travel stroller this is the best for in and out of the car.
The fox and uppababy take up an entire trunk. Between the fox and uppababy I'd go for for bugaboo fox, it has a very smooth push.
Between all 3 choices, the fox pushes the smoothest.

lcraighten

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:48 am
Uppababy! The basket is so large, the customer service is amazing and the whole system can support 3 kids! We love our uppababy and it has been through a lot of trips and still is great!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:52 am
I have the fox, I find it hugge and takes up the entire trunk and apt (I bh have a big car and apartment and still!) Can’t wait to get a stroller.

The bee is way too heavy for what it is. And have to buy the bassinet separately.

The cameleon is a good in between imo and pushes great. I just felt it was a bit low for me vs the fox (I’m 5’9)

I personally didn’t love the look of the vista but it’s for sure the most compact fold and pushes great.

If I had to do it over I would not have gotten the fox.

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:13 am
bugaboo fox. I had the donkey and loved it. Bugaboos are great strollers.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:27 am
You know you're done with babies, when you didn't even know there was a "fox".. lol

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:45 am
Ditch em both and get a cybex Priam

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:56 am
I don't have experience with the bugaboos but I have stroller regret with my uppababy vista (#firstworldproblems). It pushes well and has a big basket-- great if you walk everywhere, but it's quite heavy and not the easiest to fold and lift in and out of the car. It turns into a double but the second seat is quite pricy, has a low weight limit, and I've heard hard to push with it on. I ended up getting a second smaller stroller for in and out of the car, so if your daughter's lifestyle is more suburban I'd consider that carefully.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:24 am
Thanks so much for all the pros and cons! I appreciate the different aspects!

mlc

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:30 am
I did a lot of research and trial tests . I went with the Uppababy cruz. I found it to be by far the most practical and durable. Also more position adjustable for baby’s comfort.

Super happy with my decision Smile

Good luck!

dak11

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:40 am
I have the bee and I really like it. I use it with the board for my toddler.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:50 am
Uppababy all the way. I don’t like the look of the Bugaboo.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:58 am
I have both the bugaboo buffalo (similar to fox) and bugaboo bee.
Buffalo is best for walking- least bumpy.
Bee I use for in and out of car, babysitter and stores in the mall. Wheels amazing in the mall but outdoors the buffalo is still better.

But if I’d have to choose to own just one I’d go with the Bee. Because it’s for everything.
Buffalo is too clunky for in and out of car, just amazing as walking stroller if she’s a big walker.

icare4eo

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:01 am
Uppa baby vista I have it and I love it

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:27 am
I loveee the Uppababy Cruz, but I'm a city mom.
The Vista may be better for her lifestyle.

gande

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:32 am
I love the bee. All in one. very easy to maneuver in out of stores. For newborn buy a carriage sack/bunting. No need for the bassinet.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:35 am
I love my uppa baby Cruz. Love how smoothly it wheels and the basket is amazing for shopping. It folds easily too
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics