Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What earrings are in style?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:08 pm
I am looking to purchase everyday earrings for myself. I prefer something understated, not too showy, and don't like excessively hanging earrings. Are studs in style?
Please post links or images of earrings that are in style.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:02 pm
I see large hoops in style

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:18 pm
Simple stud earrings are classic and never go out of fashion. If that's what looks great on you, go for it.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:21 pm
Be yourself, be unique, wear what u like and what looks good on u. Make ure own style.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:22 pm
If your into shidduchim don’t get pearls.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:23 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
If your into shidduchim don’t get pearls.
LOL

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:45 pm
Bump

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:44 pm
I'm sorry I didn't see this before, so annoying when you try to get real info and people answer wear what you like.

Hoops are definitely on trend, with a strip of diamonds or colorful stones. They dont have to be so big, they come in different sizes. Check Kayla Designs insta, they have all the trendy stuff advertised. Enjoy your new earings!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:57 pm
Personally, I love dangly and sparkly earrings, but I know that it's not done in a lot of communities.

Gold hoops, not too thin, about the size around of a dime are in now. Not too big, but you can go smaller if you want. You can find then with or without cubic zirconia gems. The cz ones are the most trendy right now. If you want a real investment, get the plain ones in 14k gold. They will never go out of style.

I never liked posts because I always feel like they are stabbing my head with the back of the post. If they are comfortable on you, then enjoy. Posts are always considered modest if they are not overdone.

If you want a small dangling earring, make sure you get ones with a leverback ear wire. Open back "fish hook" ear wires can snag on things, work their way out, and get lost. A leverback stays on no matter what.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 1:01 pm
Large hoops, especially tortoise or colored hoops, are in. So are large, dangle statement earrings, and single-beaded drop earrings.

That said, what I see most out and about in NYC are studs.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 1:24 pm
I like elongated hoops because they work for different ear shapes.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 1:39 pm
I like the Melissa Lovy earrings.
For studs, I'd go with something like this:
https://melissalovy.com/collec.....odium

For small hoops, I'd go with something like this:
https://melissalovy.com/collec.....ition

I personally wear something a bit longer but thin, so it looks edgy because of the length but not "too glam" because it's not huge.
Possibly something like this.

Lord Taylor thin earrings

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 2:49 pm
Studs are classic but can be a bit boring.

Hoops are on trend and depending on size, can be very classic or very trendy. You can go with a metal (precious or costume); pave or some form of plastic/resin which can be a color or mimic tortoise.

For every day I favor something comfortable. I fell in love with the Cartier Amulet de Cartier collection and bought an excellent facsimile from a Chinese seller. They are extremely comfortable and I can dress them up or down. They are so comfortable I will find myself checking to see if they fell off which is a big deal for me since I find most earrings to be uncomfortable after wearing a relatively short period of time.

In my experience, if you go to a nice store like Nordstroms or even Macys, the jewelry they sell will be on trend. Some of it might be too wild for your taste or whatever, but stores generally stock what people are buying.

banana123

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 3:12 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Personally, I love dangly and sparkly earrings, but I know that it's not done in a lot of communities.

Gold hoops, not too thin, about the size around of a dime are in now. Not too big, but you can go smaller if you want. You can find then with or without cubic zirconia gems. The cz ones are the most trendy right now. If you want a real investment, get the plain ones in 14k gold. They will never go out of style.

I never liked posts because I always feel like they are stabbing my head with the back of the post. If they are comfortable on you, then enjoy. Posts are always considered modest if they are not overdone.

If you want a small dangling earring, make sure you get ones with a leverback ear wire. Open back "fish hook" ear wires can snag on things, work their way out, and get lost. A leverback stays on no matter what.

Some of my Magnolia earrings came with little plastic stoppers that you slide onto the hook. I took them for my favorite everyday pair.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 3:53 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't see this before, so annoying when you try to get real info and people answer wear what you like.

Hoops are definitely on trend, with a strip of diamonds or colorful stones. They dont have to be so big, they come in different sizes. Check Kayla Designs insta, they have all the trendy stuff advertised. Enjoy your new earings!

Do you have link for something like this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics