Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Dinner/bath/bed for toddlers with a cranky baby
Previous  1  2

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:43 am
happymom123 wrote:
Amazon had a great sale a while back so I bought it then. Such a great investment since it will last a few babies and is lifesaving for those times when you need to get stuff done but the baby needs to be held

Thanks I’ll check it out. The ergo sometimes hurts my shoulders.

happymom123

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didnt really ask anyone opinions regarding by baby sleep schedule but since some of you seem up in arms about it, ill offer a bit of an explanation.
1. YOU ARE NOT AN MD (pls remember that before posting how some things are critically dangerous and im harming my baby. Thank you)
2. My doctor is perfectly ok with my baby sleeping 12 hours straight drinking ZERO as long as he is making up the missed ounces during the day time and is gaining weight which bh he is, he already doubled his birthweight
3. This is the book that im following.
Twelve Hours' Sleep by Twelve Weeks Old: A Step-by-Step Plan for Baby Sleep Success https://www.amazon.com/dp/0525.....3TPM2
I used it with my other children and contrary to some replies my kids are bh great sleepers till this day. Like I said earlier- I work nights. I get asked a lot how I do it, well having kids who go to sleep at the same time every night and stay asleep is how I do it.

To the person asking why dh cant hold the baby the answer is, he isn't home during that time.
BARUCH HASHEM, Hashem has been so good to me and I found something that works for me, my children and my husband. Why others feel the need to bash is beyond me.
Vent over

You're doing great, a baby carrier will really make a huge difference for you. Hatzlacha! This stage ends soon Wink

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:45 am
happymom123 wrote:
You're doing great, a baby carrier will really make a huge difference for you. Hatzlacha! This stage ends soon Wink

Thank you happymom Smile

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:01 am
ok these ideas might work but it also might put him to sleep.
Also some babies are more contest than others nothing to do with sleeping maybe he needs to be held because his stomach bothers him
if he enjoys movement try a swing or bouncer
bouncer if he is more playful
swing with music
it has to be the right ones not all are the same
if he enjoys people maybe just put him in a carseat right next to you
you can also try a very young girl like a 10 year old to push him around for 20-30 minutes indoors in the cold weather and outdoors in a baby carriage in the warmer weather

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:59 am
I'm sorry if you took my post as a bash. I was mentioning it as another angle no one else did. No, I'm not a Dr, but I know quite a bit about lactation and feeding babies, and have had quite a few babies myself. It could be that if you're making up the rest of the feedings during the day, possibly those feedings are overfilling and bothering his stomach. I've had overeaters who suffered because of it. Just beginning things to try to help, not bash!

As far as baby carrier options, my favorite buckle carrier as a short person is the catbird baby pikkolo. Not very popular for whatever reason but I've tried ergo, lillebaby, etc and I've only looked this one (not a stiff waist)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics