Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Omega supplements?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:25 pm
So my kid shows signs of possibly having ADHD (it runs in my husband's side of the family). Some minor attention stuff, distracted... Not enough to warrant medication and probably only this aware of it because of the family history.
I read that omega supplements can help with some of the symptoms. If there was a benefit or any success with omegas I would love info! What improvement did you see? And Which kosher chewable is best? Gummy is preferred if possible.

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:02 pm
I give my son with ADHD omega three pills. We use a highly specialized brand recommended by Dr Hallowell the expert in ADHD. The kosher chewables are plant based and not fish based and don’t do much. There are flavored liquids but my kid thought it was gross.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 9:36 am
mha3484 wrote:
I give my son with ADHD omega three pills. We use a highly specialized brand recommended by Dr Hallowell the expert in ADHD. The kosher chewables are plant based and not fish based and don’t do much. There are flavored liquids but my kid thought it was gross.

So I have to wait until he can swallow pills?
What is this brand?
What results have you seen?

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 10:49 am
My son already takes other medication so he had to learn to swallow pills anyway so for us that was not a concern. I think its a good thing for kids to learn earlier in life rather then later. The brand we use is called Omega Brite. For ADHD you want a higher ratio of EPA to DHA.

I saw significant improvement on his report card after we added this to his cocktail.

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 10:55 am
We also found that magnesium helps him a lot. You can get a liquid from solgar or blue bonnet. We started giving it to him in Nursery (pre k) and there was a pretty noticeable difference in his behavior it just was not enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics