Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Gemach or purchase used Doona Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 9:41 pm
Hello I will be flying out of town next month and would like to rent a Doona since it will be too hard going on the plane with both my car seat and snap n go. Do you know of a gemach where I can rent one? Also if anyone has a cheap used Doona, I would appreciate it if you would let me know the price. I am in Lakewood and can pick up. Thank you!!!

Sebastian

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 9:47 pm
Check the bp. There's a gemach

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 9:49 pm
Is the baby going to be in the car seat during the flight?

If not, just checks the snap n go at the gate.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 9:53 pm
You leave your snap and go base at the gate right when you board, you don't bring it on the plane. And you only bring the car seat on board if you have a paid seat for the baby. If not, you can't bring the doona on either.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 10:01 pm
Thank you for your information. I’m flying by myself with my one month old infant for a family simcha and think the Doona would be helpful at the airport as well as going in and out of cars while I am out of town. I found the gemach in the bp and left a message. However I’m also interested in buying a used one if anyone has one that they no longer need. Thank you.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 10:05 pm
I actually found it very unhelpful for the airport since there's no storage. When I traveled alone with an infant it was amazing to have my snap and go since all the bags went in the basket underneath so getting through the airport was a breeze instead of a shlep. If you can't manage with cars then maybe you'll find a doona worthwhile anyway.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 10:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your information. I’m flying by myself with my one month old infant for a family simcha and think the Doona would be helpful at the airport as well as going in and out of cars while I am out of town. I found the gemach in the bp and left a message. However I’m also interested in buying a used one if anyone has one that they no longer need. Thank you.

When I flew alone with a small infant the baby carrier was my lifesaver! I was hands free through the airport and I borrowed a car seat at my destination.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 10:59 pm
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! Probably the Doona makes sense because I will be in and out of cars when I will be out of town.

shmoopy

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 12:17 am
I know someone in Lakewood looking to sell a Doona. You can PM me

mochamix18

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 3:57 am
As someone who has traveled several times with a small baby and will be doing so again in three weeks with 3 month old and almost 5 year old, wear the baby in a carrier In the airport and airplane. It’s really so much easier imo.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 4:20 am
mochamix18 wrote:
As someone who has traveled several times with a small baby and will be doing so again in three weeks with 3 month old and almost 5 year old, wear the baby in a carrier In the airport and airplane. It’s really so much easier imo.

I second this. When I flew with my infant I wore her in a carrier and it was wonderful. You can wear a backpack as well for all the baby's stuff and even wheel a wheelie carry on. I borrowed a car seat at my destination.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 2:08 pm
In this week’s BP:
“Doona Car Seat Gemach: If you need a Doona for a short period of time or any medical reason,
Please call (848) 200-2189.”

mlc

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 3:49 pm
I have a Doona I just used for one child this year that I would potentially sell. How much would you spend?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 3:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I got a Doona for similar reasons and I honestly feel that it was a Gamechanger for me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 4:14 pm
Thank you so much! In end I decided not to buy a Doona since I work from home full time and do not go out often with my baby. Our regular car seat and snap n go is still in excellent condition from our last baby Also even used Doonas are still a small fortune!!! I found the Doona gemach and have reserved the stroller for when I fly out of town.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:47 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
In this week’s BP:
“Doona Car Seat Gemach: If you need a Doona for a short period of time or any medical reason,
Please call (848) 200-2189.”

What is BP?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
What is BP?

Local advertiser magazine. It’s also online. Google bp magazine issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics