Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Hostess gift

solo

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:16 pm
I’m being put up for shabbos. Just to sleep. All meals will be at the simcha. We’re a family of 6. How much should I spend on a gift?

DREAMING

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:37 pm
I would get a nice size good quality chocolate or nut platter.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:38 pm
$30
Flowers or chocolate platter

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:39 pm
I usually give a chocolate/candy platter.

solo

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 11:36 am
Should I be concerned about a nut allergy with chocolates? Allergies r so common and no gift chocolates r nut free

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 11:45 am
As a hostess, if you're spending the $20-30, I'd prefer a gift card to my local judaica store. Or flowers.
I already have everything I need for shabbos by the time the guests come, and I don't need any more junk Smile
But nothing is expected and anything is appreciated!

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 11:46 am
solo wrote:
Should I be concerned about a nut allergy with chocolates? Allergies r so common and no gift chocolates r nut free

I think the thought matters more, so unless you know for sure that they have allergies in the house, I would bring the nuts and then they can always regift it if they can't use it.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 11:51 am
I much prefer to get a small houseware item - serving bowl, dip container, etc., than food. You can go to either a Judaica gift store, Amazing Savings (if you live in a city that has one) or a Home Goods type store and get something in the $25 range.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 11:53 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I much prefer to get a small houseware item - serving bowl, dip container, etc., than food. You can go to either a Judaica gift store, Amazing Savings (if you live in a city that has one) or a Home Goods type store and get something in the $25 range.

Yes this is also what I'd like, as a frequent hostess. Please include a gift receipt if possible.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:

I wouldn't do that unless I knew the person's taste pretty well. And also have an idea what they use or need. I have plenty of serving pieces; I don't need more!

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:23 pm
Is it someone you know, or that the baalai simcha know? If yes, you can ask what they might want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics