Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help me choose kitchen appliances for a new kitchen.
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 5:13 pm
We are remodeling the kitchen. A relative is paying for it but he doesn’t want us to get fancy stuff. Just basic normal good stuff. Fridg. , dishwasher and double oven. What do you recommend. We are doing contemporary design.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:16 am
Please do not choose basic appliances based on design. Try to look up appliances with great track records for working well and minimizing repairs. Sales people in some stores are very honest still these days and help you choose wisely. Where are you located? Maybe we can direct you to a good and honest place to get advice?
Todays appliances are repair prone and not made like they used to be so this is very important.
You will want to know what features are most important to your specific usage habits too.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 6:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are remodeling the kitchen. A relative is paying for it but he doesn’t want us to get fancy stuff. Just basic normal good stuff. Fridg. , dishwasher and double oven. What do you recommend. We are doing contemporary design.

Frigidaire Gallery has a decent line. We end up getting their French door fridge, oven, dishwasher and convection microwave oven. They all came in smufegproof stainless steel and look very nice.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 9:52 am
I chose to put in two ovens rather than a double oven. This way both are at a height I like and also if one breaks one still works.

I like my kitchenaide ovens and my bosch dishwasher. I have the kenmore fridges from sears which I heard are actually made by frigidaire but labeled with Sear's brand and cheaper price. And I love the french door rather than side by side. Can fit large platters in easily.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:28 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Please do not choose basic appliances based on design. Try to look up appliances with great track records for working well and minimizing repairs. Sales people in some stores are very honest still these days and help you choose wisely. Where are you located? Maybe we can direct you to a good and honest place to get advice?
Todays appliances are repair prone and not made like they used to be so this is very important.
You will want to know what features are most important to your specific usage habits too.

I am in California. Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:29 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I chose to put in two ovens rather than a double oven. This way both are at a height I like and also if one breaks one still works.

I like my kitchenaide ovens and my bosch dishwasher. I have the kenmore fridges from sears which I heard are actually made by frigidaire but labeled with Sear's brand and cheaper price. And I love the french door rather than side by side. Can fit large platters in easily.

I chose two wall ovens one one on top of the other. Is it a good choice?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:30 pm
Another question. I hardly cook milchig and I only have one child at home. Do I need two dishwashers?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:55 pm
Bump

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Another question. I hardly cook milchig and I only have one child at home. Do I need two dishwashers?

Do you make milchig a lo t?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:50 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Do you make milchig a lo t?

I cook very little Milchig. Basically one pot and one frying pan. My kitchen is very small right now.

mommyhood

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Nobody needs two dishwashers Smile personally I would do one meat one Pareve but it really depends what you cook and how much space and budget you have to work with.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:57 pm
mommyhood wrote:
Nobody needs two dishwashers Smile personally I would do one meat one Pareve but it really depends what you cook and how much space and budget you have to work with.

I mean should I have two dishwashers. Is it a good investment and a good use of space in a not large kitchen?

BetsyTacy

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 6:35 pm
Only you can determine your dishwasher needs.

I cook mostly milchigs but I have a fleishig dishwasher because the bulk dishes with limited washing ability happens on shabbos.

My milchig dishes gets washed as they get used, the same ones over and over, as opposed to pulling out more and more like we do on Shabbos.

You need to decide:do you loathe washing dishes to the extent that you just don't and they pile up?

I for one would not waste space on 2 dishwashers in a small kitchen because that represents a lot of cabinet space to be giving up. Only you can decide.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I cook very little Milchig. Basically one pot and one frying pan. My kitchen is very small right now.

We also cook very little milchig and got one meaty dishwasher. There was no need to waste great cabinet space for a second washer.

tichellady

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 6:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Sounds like you do not

mommyhood

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:31 pm
Are you expanding your kitchen or using the space you have? If it’s the same space and you’ve been using all your cabinets think about whether you can afford to lose one. It also doesn’t sound like you’d use it much if you rarely cook milchigs unless you go through a lot of dishes for breakfasts and lunch.

tweety1

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 8:56 pm
Regarding a dishwasher ask your lor. We were told we can have one dishwasher and use it for meat and dairy.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 11:27 am
tweety1 wrote:
Regarding a dishwasher ask your lor. We were told we can have one dishwasher and use it for meat and dairy.

really??? how is it possible?

tichellady

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 11:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
really??? how is it possible?

This is a common approach among Sephardim

imamothertoo

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 11:36 am
If I could have two dishwashers then I would definitely use the second one for parve as I do a lot of baking.
If I was doing two wall ovens I would put them side by side rather than one on top of the other. That’s just my preference.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics