Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Infant photos at JC Penney- suggestions

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:55 am
Thinking of doing newborn photos as J.C. Penney (if dr gives the ok).
Any tips (preferably links) of blankets, hats, stuffed animals, headbands I should buy for a boy or girl?

Should I bring the older siblings (ages 2 and 5) even though it's a huge hassle? I love the idea of getting sweet pictures of them holding a new sibling but is it worth the hassle?

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:12 pm
Dobt bring the kids there's no time and the baby will tire easily. Dont expect to do more than 2 outfit changes, even 2 is a stretch

If you want an elaborate photo shoot you need a newborn photographer who ll be willing to spend hours letting you feed and change baby and allowing for outfit changes etc

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:13 pm
Oh and they have some basic props, just bring a nice outfit.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 10:44 am
Bump.
Did anyone do infant photos at JC Penney? (Specifically in the one near Lakewood)

I don't need outfit changes- I love naked with a blanket/hat/stuffed animal. Do they have those cute knit teddy bears, and fluffy blankets?

Sebastian

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 10:48 am
Yes they do photos. They have blankets and hats, not the bears. A lot of the newborn photographers use photoshop to get cute poses. Jcpenney will not do that. Make an appt online

r1

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump.
Did anyone do infant photos at JC Penney? (Specifically in the one near Lakewood)

I don't need outfit changes- I love naked with a blanket/hat/stuffed animal. Do they have those cute knit teddy bears, and fluffy blankets?

Ours had fluffy blankets but no teddy bears. Brought those kind of things along. If u have another adult with you u can bring the older kids (bring a toy/ prize for them to be busy with maybe)

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:06 pm
I wanted to do this also, but their prices make no sense!

It is $30 for the session- nice and cheap. But then it costs $5 for each hard copy photo, which is ridiculous.

And $100 for the CD of all the pics taken in the session. I'd rather book a Jewish woman who does photography for that price.

How are you planing to do it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I wanted to do this also, but their prices make no sense!

It is $30 for the session- nice and cheap. But then it costs $5 for each hard copy photo, which is ridiculous.

And $100 for the CD of all the pics taken in the session. I'd rather book a Jewish woman who does photography for that price.

How are you planing to do it?

It's $40 for the sit in (if you buy memebership). Then I wait for sales on the their photos and buy their canvases for $16.99 each.

The frum photographers I found charge $150 + you have to buy the photos through them or pay another $100 for the images, and then I'd need to order the photos online for $16.99 on sale. So that's around $250+ the actual photos.

r1

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:11 pm
WAITTT NO! Don’t pay that. I only go when they have a groupon, they usually do and then it’s like 30$ for 3 digitalis and some prints

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:14 pm
r1 wrote:
WAITTT NO! Don’t pay that. I only go when they have a groupon, they usually do and then it’s like 30$ for 3 digitalis and some prints

Oh I see what you mean on Groupon.

It is $27 for "One professional photography shoot with one 3-image digital album and one standard print."

So then I can use those digital images to print whatever I want. Interesting way of looking at it.

bsy

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:15 pm
r1 wrote:

This. It's always available on groupon I think. I did it 5 times already. Its 30 for 3 digital images and 1 print out. Plus 8.99 per additional print out if you want

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:18 pm
bsy wrote:
This. It's always available on groupon I think. I did it 5 times already. Its 30 for 3 digital images and 1 print out. Plus 8.99 per additional print out if you want

First of why would you pay an additional $8.99 if you have the digital images? Print it at CVS for 60 cents.

Secondly, can you just help me clarify- 3 digital images means 3 diffrent poses? And they give it to you on a USB I assume?

bsy

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
First of why would you pay an additional $8.99 if you have the digital images? Print it at CVS for 60 cents.

Secondly, can you just help me clarify- 3 digital images means 3 diffrent poses? And they give it to you on a USB I assume?

you get 4 poses in total. 3 are digital downloads and 1 is a print out (up to size 10x13 I think). Its 8.99 to buy additional printouts of another pose. I usually opt for the print out to be 8x10 so I can scan it and use it to print more or use in a collage.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:25 pm
Fyi, we live in Baltimore and I got an email recently about a free newborn photo shoot sesstion. I've never went there for that, but I know people who did. Its sometime in late February. Check if they have it where you live.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:28 pm
bsy wrote:
you get 4 poses in total. 3 are digital downloads and 1 is a print out (up to size 10x13 I think). Its 8.99 to buy additional printouts of another pose. I usually opt for the print out to be 8x10 so I can scan it and use it to print more or use in a collage.

Thanks. I like the scanning idea-you use your regular scanner and it comes out clear?

The prints sort of make no sense for me because what does one hard copy of a photo do for me?

I need like 10 minimum to send to all grandparents aunts etc.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Fyi, we live in Baltimore and I got an email recently about a free newborn photo shoot sesstion. I've never went there for that, but I know people who did. Its sometime in late February. Check if they have it where you live.

That's today!
https://www.jcpportraits.com/e.....event

Sebastian

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:40 pm
You buy the membership and USE IT. There is also usually a free 8 x 10 coupon you can use

bsy

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:02 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Thanks. I like the scanning idea-you use your regular scanner and it comes out clear?

The prints sort of make no sense for me because what does one hard copy of a photo do for me?

I need like 10 minimum to send to all grandparents aunts etc.

I usually end up buying an extra print or 2 and scanning them. I make small collage magnets for the all grandparents with the digital and scanned pictures and it's clear enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics