Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Who can help me make heads or tails out of this NYS
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 9:28 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Messed up because I have zero sympathy for people that are literally endangering the lives of others ?? Should I have sympathy towards someone that is causing cancer patients to live in added fear and in physical danger that they will catch something because of people who think they know better ?? A lot of awful awful diseases have been eradicated because of vaccines and now because of all these enlightened smart people these disease will make a comeback . Excuse me for sounding messed up but my heart lies with the immunocompromised, newborns, elderly and pregnant women that live In fear or that died because of people that think they know better

[rude reaction removed]
eta: excuse me mod??? her attacks under amother are fine when she was asked to get out of this thread numerous times but my comment gets removed? the most you can do is edit my comment to remove offensive part. this amother should be censured before my post is censored. and to amother mint, shut up shut up shut up shut up, open your own thread to bash all antivaxxers and youll get alot of support from many members but keep out of my thread where I am asking for help and you keep derailing the thread even after being told again and again that youre being rude.
[response: you used foul language so it was removed. Your previous reactions were left untouched]

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 10:07 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Wrong. Since the day of creation, the mother was the one to make any decisions for her child. It's only since we have been indoctrinated and made to believe that we are too stupid to actually think and that doctors are G-d, that people started giving over the decision making for their child to doctors who hardly know them and to legislators who don't know them or anything about medicine. It's ok if you choose to give up your right as a mother. That's your choice. But many of us are not ready to put our precious children at the mercy of a DOH, or CDC who neither knows our children, nor cares about them.

From where do you get the bolded?

nchr

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for being sympathetic but I need guidance

The guidance is to give the third dose in the series as TD, which will catch your child. Then wait until age 11 to give a TDaP as part of the regular 11 year old schedule.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:12 am
nchr wrote:
The guidance is to give the third dose in the series as TD, which will catch your child. Then wait until age 11 to give a TDaP as part of the regular 11 year old schedule.
when does the third dose need to be given? how far from second dose? according to doh kid doesn't need another tdap at 11.

nchr

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 12:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
when does the third dose need to be given? how far from second dose? according to doh kid doesn't need another tdap at 11.

According to the TDaP Catch Up scheduled from the CDC - 6 months after the second dose.

[img]Screen-Shot-2019-11-29-at-3-49-32-PM[/img]

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 12:54 pm
very nice chart! this thread clarified for me that number of doses required goes according to doh what they need to get to school but intervals go according to cdc catchup schedule.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 7:15 am
amother gold did you have a chance to check if your kid got one or two tdaps?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 2:18 pm
bumping up for amother gold if second dose is td or tdap?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:55 pm
How’s everyone dealing with the catch-up schedule?
Giving so many shots at once Sad

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:13 pm
still catching up

I still dont know about my 11 yo if its td or tdap but we still have some months left

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:35 am
now I need help with my 5 y.o. He got pediarix once in september, once in november and now again in february. so dtap will need one more, hep b is done, but my question is polio. will he need a fourth dose because dose 2 and 3 weren't six months apart? or is 3 doses enough because he got the 3rd dose past age 4? please answer based on the two charts in my op or if youre a nurse with experience. thanks!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:07 pm
bump for the night crowd

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 9:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
now I need help with my 5 y.o. He got pediarix once in september, once in november and now again in february. so dtap will need one more, hep b is done, but my question is polio. will he need a fourth dose because dose 2 and 3 weren't six months apart? or is 3 doses enough because he got the 3rd dose past age 4? please answer based on the two charts in my op or if youre a nurse with experience. thanks!

Hi op,
Perhaps contact an organization like Jowma for assistance if your ped is not helpful?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:42 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Hi op,
Perhaps contact an organization like Jowma for assistance if your ped is not helpful?

my ped only knows the cdc recommended schedule and doesn't know the law for school attendance. School admin is the one who is unhelpful, calling me that my kids need more shots and telling me to ask my doc which ones. there's no nurse onsite in school so he needs to figure out these charts on his own and he doesn't care to do it. he claims us antivaxxrs know better what the kid needs. Ha!
Doc recommends more than school needs, so I need to know from school what is necessary for attendance. for ex: mmr I have titers so I'm not giving a second mmr shot and that's ok with the school but the doc still insists on giving another mmr which so far I've been successful refusing.
I dont have to worry about this 4th polio for awhile cuz if he needs it it wont be before 6 months from now but we're almost done so I want a clear account of what each kid still needs. btw, still dont know if my older ones need another dtap, td or tdap.

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:18 pm
Hi OP - what is your specific question now?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

According to this chart, he will need a 4th dose.

[img]ipv[/img]

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:33 pm
nchr wrote:
According to this chart, he will need a 4th dose.

[img]ipv[/img]

I cant see the chart, my filter doesnt let it thru. can you tell me what you see there? which website is it from?

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I cant see the chart, my filter doesnt let it thru. can you tell me what you see there? which website is it from?

It is the official CDC catch up chart for the IPV.
It basically looks like this
Child is aged 4 through 17 years
Child has received 3 doses of IPV -->
Dose 3 was given at 4 years of age or older --->
Dose 3 was NOT given at least 6 months from previous dose -->
It has been at least 6 moths since dose 3 -->
Give dose 4 (final dose) today

If it has not been at least 6 months since dose 3, then wait to give dose 4 at least 6 months after dose 3.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:43 pm
nchr wrote:
It is the official CDC catch up chart for the IPV.
It basically looks like this
Child is aged 4 through 17 years
Child has received 3 doses of IPV -->
Dose 3 was given at 4 years of age or older --->
Dose 3 was NOT given at least 6 months from previous dose -->
It has been at least 6 moths since dose 3 -->
Give dose 4 (final dose) today

If it has not been at least 6 months since dose 3, then wait to give dose 4 at least 6 months after dose 3.

he got dose 3 yesterday, so next one can't get before august. ok thank you so much!
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics