Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Budgeting Help
Previous  1  2

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The approx $200 is for household stuff/clothing and any other things e would need to spend on
I guess we wont be putting into savings for now...

Yes budgeting is hard.

But you can do this!

You should really do this now while your family is smaller.
If you'd like you can post your income and expenses here and posters can help you out.

baby12x

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The approx $200 is for household stuff/clothing and any other things e would need to spend on
I guess we wont be putting into savings for now...

That's tough.

1. You need to cut your bills. Can you cut anything out? Long term changes will have to be made if you want this to be sustainable
2. increase your income. You need to make more money in order to keep up your lifestyle

In regards to shopping- yes I very often calculate my bill on my phone when I shop

ora_43

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just checked my balance and my credit card bill is more than what I have in my account. Im panicking. Im only married for 2 years. How do people do it esp with a big family??

Usually by the time your family is bigger, you've been in your career for another several years and are earning more money.

It's definitely not always that simple. So do think over whether your/your dh's careers are taking you in a good direction. Because there's only so much you can cut back.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 2:31 pm
DH doesnt work now but hes iyh going to be taking a course soon...

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:41 pm
You can save, even if it's just a few dollars. Open a separate account and put in $25, $10, or even $5 a week or paycheck, etc. You'd be surprised how quickly it adds up. It's not a lot, but it's a start.

baby12x

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DH doesnt work now but hes iyh going to be taking a course soon...

Its very hard but the reason you have to take it seriously now is because it's just going to get harder.

Expenses go up. Life happens. All of a sudden those few extra dollars that you float on a credit card is serious debt.

The best thing would be to saving money for the future but the most important thing is to DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN NOT TO INCUR CONSUMER DEBT.
Try your absolute hardest!

Are there any bills you can lower to give you more breathing room? Sometimes just calling internet, phone companies and asking them for a deal works. Try it! You never know
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics