Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Stroller dilemma

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:03 pm
I'm having a stroller dilemma that I need some outside advice on.
I currently have a stroller that was a hand-me-down. The previous owner used it for two kids, and I have since used it for two of my kids. It was great while I had it but it is definitely getting to the end of its lifetime - literally... the bearing inside one of the wheels have wore out and the entire stroller is wobbly when I push it. I'm nervous it's going to fall off if I go over a big bump.
Here's my dilemma. My daughter is already 6 months old. If I'm going to buy a stroller I would really really love to have something that can attach a bassinet to it for a future baby. But I don't need a bassinet right now and a few hundred dollars is not really in my budget. I keep seeing some really good strollers on sale in the $150 range, which is what I am much more comfortable paying right now.
So I'm not sure if I should be making a short term investment and then having to buy another stroller in the future, or just forking over more money for something more long term.
Any thoughts?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm having a stroller dilemma that I need some outside advice on.
I currently have a stroller that was a hand-me-down. The previous owner used it for two kids, and I have since used it for two of my kids. It was great while I had it but it is definitely getting to the end of its lifetime - literally... the bearing inside one of the wheels have wore out and the entire stroller is wobbly when I push it. I'm nervous it's going to fall off if I go over a big bump.
Here's my dilemma. My daughter is already 6 months old. If I'm going to buy a stroller I would really really love to have something that can attach a bassinet to it for a future baby. But I don't need a bassinet right now and a few hundred dollars is not really in my budget. I keep seeing some really good strollers on sale in the $150 range, which is what I am much more comfortable paying right now.
So I'm not sure if I should be making a short term investment and then having to buy another stroller in the future, or just forking over more money for something more long term.
Any thoughts?

I'd buy a cheap stroller now, like a McLaren quest or the like and get a bassinet stroller when and if you'll need it. Sometimes it's hard to find the bassinet attachment afew years later.

bsy

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:14 pm
Get what you need now. New strollers are made every year and may be better in a few years when you need it.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:19 pm
It sounds a new stroller isn't a choice. it also does make sense to think ahead, but none of us know what the future holds. I had a nice single stroller with mine, one minipill baby later I was using a double stroller and never got much use out of the single for a long time.
Your baby is still small, so will use whatever you get for a recent amount of time. Are these strollers value for money? Will they last you long enough for another child? My friend bought a cheap travel system and by the time her baby was a year old, it had broken, and that wasn't with frequent use.
Also a lot of strollers have an optional bassinet option, which you could buy at a later date for another child-like the city mini can be used as it is from birth as the seat lies back, but you can buy a bassinet if you prefer.

hodeez

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:31 pm
Maybe get a travel system instead so baby can sleep in the car seat if needed. I have the Graco one for 5 years and used it for 4 kids . Planning to use it for #5 in a few months iyh!

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 2:07 pm
Look on Albeebaby and get a citi mini or citi mini gt. Bassinet strollers are nice in theory. I never used one and managed perfectly fine without one...7 kids later kh.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:01 pm
Thanks for all the replies.
I have a snap n go, so no need for a travel system. I really like the bassinet for a newborn because I'll use that in the house as my bassinet. (I also k"h have a few kids, and this is what has worked for me in the past)
I really want a full size stroller, not umbrella size, because I'd prefer it lay flat and work really well for a nap if I'm out. I don't care so much about how small it folds or how heavy it is.
I think I'll probably have to just go with something cheaper for now and then worry about later later.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:04 pm
Look into getting a Citi mini on sale. And you can always get a bassinet for it later.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:28 pm
https://urbinibaby.com/product/omni-plus/

This is usually 150. It only has one attachment ( not counting the car seat) because the bassinet attachment turns into a regular stroller seat. You can use it for your big baby now and then you can make it into a bassinet beH in the future.

You also can use it like a snap n go if you want to get their car seat (I already had one so I don't use it like that).

Don't waste your money on the super expensive strollers. I bought my urbini used and I never read online reviews, so feel free to do that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics